PDA

View Full Version : Weak Euro

johnny means
06-16-2010, 12:29 AM
I remember not to long ago Felder raising their prices 12% across the board. Prices on machines, blades, accessories, everything went up due to the weak dollar. Now with the euro in the tank will we see the counter adjustment? Shouldn't we be getting lower prices on Festoys. The way I see it, is that we are in a way paying higher prices for our Eurozone goods right now. We just are not seeing the numbers change.

Joe Jensen
06-16-2010, 1:58 AM
Felder negociates. I sadly bought with the Euro at it's peak. I'd be 20% lower today. Having said that, I don't think they fully raised prices due to the Euro's rise

Rick Fisher
06-16-2010, 2:40 AM
I emailed a Euro Company about a week ago for a price on a machine.. They guy said " The list price is ... X " ..

I think there is some wiggle room right now.

Tom Rossman
06-16-2010, 8:54 AM
Depending upon how things go in Greece, Spain, Portugal, etc. it is not out of the question that the Euro could hit parity with the dollar. While companies are reluctant to reduce list prices, some huge promotions would be likely on Eurozone products.

Tom Rossman

David Cefai
06-17-2010, 2:57 PM
It also depends on how long the supply chain is. There may be a lot of tools which were bought at a higher price.

David Cefai
06-17-2010, 3:28 PM
After posting the previous message I realised that we have been making hay with the weak dollar and it looks like the boot may end up on the other foot now :(

Peter Quinn
06-17-2010, 10:19 PM
I think there is an email in my in box from Felder presently describing a sale on Hammer products. Just got it today. Hmmmm.

Peter Quinn
06-17-2010, 10:22 PM
And there was a Felder ad promoting a sale at the top of the page on my computer when I just submitted my last reply. Deep discounts. Hmmm?

Van Huskey
06-17-2010, 11:57 PM
And there was a Felder ad promoting a sale at the top of the page on my computer when I just submitted my last reply. Deep discounts. Hmmm?

If they are doing what it appears to me they are doing ie playing the sale angle it may work well. We all love a sale! Plus, it will put less people off id the Euro rebounds and they had to move list price back up if they dropped it, this way people just get "sale" prices.