PDA

View Full Version : Telus Cell Phone Service in Canada?

Greg Bender
06-15-2010, 9:19 PM
This is not related to Woodworking in the slightist but I want to know if you have a 10 digit Canadian cell number and you want to call that number from the US is there any access code that you must dial first or do you dial 1-***-***-**** or do you just dial the 10 digit number by itself.I've just never dialed to a out of country cell number so I was not sure how.
Thanx,Greg

Tom Leftley
06-15-2010, 9:40 PM
While I do not have Telus (Bell) my experience has been that when I was in the U.S.A., I dialed the area code and the seven digit number which worked perfectly. I didn't apprecidate the "roaming" charge, but maybe this answers your question.

Don't talk too long.

Rod Sheridan
06-16-2010, 2:37 PM
Hi Greg, it's the same as any long distance call, you dial 1, then the 10 digit number.

Regards, Rod.

Greg Bender
06-16-2010, 8:09 PM
Guys,
Thanx for the replys,found out today that the guy I'm trying to get ahold of is in BC.Dialed it without the 1 and got a recording advising me to use the all important 1 before the number.
Greg

Curt Harms
06-17-2010, 9:14 AM
Guys,
Thanx for the replys,found out today that the guy I'm trying to get ahold of is in BC.Dialed it without the 1 and got a recording advising me to use the all important 1 before the number.
Greg
Some cell providers in the Caribbean require the 1 as well. Beware the cost--I didn't have to talk long for a call to cost $20+.

Art Mulder
06-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi Greg, it's the same as any long distance call, you dial 1, then the 10 digit number.

Regards, Rod.

Rod, I think you meant "any domestic long distance". Because it is not really the same as any long distance call.

Just to clarify: Between Canada and the USA there is no need to use country codes when dialing long distance. Just dial 1 and then the area code + local number, just as for domestic long distance calls.

I know you need country codes for calling Europe and Africa, and I'm really not sure about all the Caribbean countries or Mexico.

Bill Cunningham
06-17-2010, 10:09 PM
I wish there was a 1-900 number that you could call, for $20.00 a minute and they would send you a cheque for the $20.00 a minute less maybe 10-20% for their profit.. I have a prepaid phone that I hardly use, but if I don't anti up $25.00 every 2 months, the minutes don't rollover, and I lose my balance. Which right now is about 300 bucks! A service like would at least allow you to cash-out some of the buildup..