PDA

View Full Version : cartage for grizz dc

Tom Cullom JR.
06-15-2010, 1:01 PM
I'm thinking about puting a canister style filter on my grizz dc.
Where would the cheapest place to buy from?

Paul Wunder
06-15-2010, 1:14 PM
I can't tell you the cheapest because I don't use that criteria exclusively when I make a purchase decision.

I have used Wynn Environmental both for my canister DC and my cyclone. They sell quality products at fair prices and my experience with them is that they will advise what you need not what derives them the most profit.

Jamie Buxton
06-15-2010, 8:37 PM
You don't say what kind of DC you have. If it is a bag-type DC, not a cyclone, you won't be happy if you just slap a cartridge on it. Notice that all cartridge-based DCs have some sort of cleaning mechanism inside the cartridge -- a paddle, a beater, or something. If you don't have that, the filter fills up with dust quite quickly, and you must take the DC apart to clean the dust out. It rapidly becomes a pain. I'd buy a cartridge from Grizz, and get the mating beater assembly too.

Alan Schaffter
06-15-2010, 9:41 PM
I'd go one step farther- get or build a cyclone or other separator- you will get a lot more miles between filter cleaning. Besides, cleaning (mechanical beaters, etc. and compressed air) damage the cartridge filter media.

Tom Cullom JR.
06-16-2010, 11:53 AM
I have a cyclone in front of the filter bags I have I have herd good things about wynn but haven't been able to access there website.