PDA

View Full Version : trend airshield parts kudoes and warning

Hilel Salomon
06-15-2010, 12:34 PM
For those of you contemplating buying an airshield, or if you need parts for either of the two models, I can heartily recommend P&R distributors. Phil Evans is incredibly nice and conscientious and I've always had great service from him.

Now the warning, though I should be too embarrassed to admit it. I make my own batteries for the regular airshield and they last over twice as long as the factory ones. One day though, I smelled something burning and went quickly to the stove and any place else where there might be a fire. After searching in vain, I discovered that one of my pockets was smoldering. I had left a newly charged battery pack and it was making contact with a coin!!! I wouldn't normally admit my stupidity but several other people wound up confessing that they had similar incidents with other batteries.

Dumb!!!!! I am Dumb!!!

Hilel..

Toney Robertson
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Don't worry Hilel, you are not the only one.

A few years ago I bought a 9 volt battery, unwrapped it and threw it in my pocket. Went by the bank on the way home and was sitting in the drive up lane when my pocket starting getting very hot. A nickel had come in contact with the terminals and made a dandy heater. I bet I looked REAL silly jumping around in the truck till I got the battery out of my pocket. :eek:

Toney

Bruce Stangeby
06-15-2010, 9:48 PM
Do you have contact information for P & R distributors?

bryan stanley
06-15-2010, 11:16 PM
I had a like experience with my triton, the smell coming into the helmet was me. Forgot the intake was right above my waistband on my back. that will teach me for eating baked beans then go turning an hour later.......personal gas chamber

Matt Ranum
06-16-2010, 12:32 AM
I had a like experience with my triton, the smell coming into the helmet was me. Forgot the intake was right above my waistband on my back. that will teach me for eating baked beans then go turning an hour later.......personal gas chamber
:eek:
:p
:D

Hilel Salomon
06-18-2010, 9:56 AM
Sorry Bruce,

I've been under the weather and didn't check the forum until now. The site for Pand R is:
http://store.trendairshield.com/

Regards, Hilel.

Karl Card
06-18-2010, 3:12 PM

oh my..... that is way to funny... lol Ö¿Ö