PDA

View Full Version : Tool Nut

Josh Bowman
06-15-2010, 3:17 AM
Has anyone ordered anything from Toolnut?

Michael Flores
06-15-2010, 5:40 AM
I bought my new Unisaw from them. I personally had a very good experience and would recommend them.

Brent Grooms
06-15-2010, 6:25 AM
yup and would absolutely recommend them. Sean has been a pleasure to work with...

Tony De Masi
06-15-2010, 6:55 AM
Yep. Table saw and lathe. No issues at all. I've worked with both Sean and his dad and I'm sure I will again in the future.

Tony

John Keeton
06-15-2010, 6:56 AM
Sean Ackerman is active in the Turners Forum here on SMC, and I have ordered from them more than once. Fine folks, and very good pricing!

Josh Bowman
06-15-2010, 7:37 AM
Thanks for the responses. They have been nothing but above board on everything with me. Sean and Peter have personnally worked hard with me though the process of buying a new lathe.
I've ordered many things off the internet over the years, never any real issues. But a 2 AM a marble feel over in my head while I was sleeping. And started the thoughts of:
1) I've never had a transaction with them and found them by Googleing for a Jet lathe.
2) They have $1900 of my money and I have nothing but an email saying the lathe is on backorder.
3) So who knows if they really exist!
4) The price of the lathe is almost to good to be true.

I feel much better now and should have asked this question to SMC before I ordered the lathe. :o I am certain now that the transaction will be just fine.
Thanks again.

John Shuk
06-15-2010, 9:48 AM
The store is local for me and I have spent plenty if time lusting in there. I have usually dealt with Peter and have never had a problem.