PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new saw blade question

James Giordano
11-28-2004, 2:43 AM
Thinking about buying the wwII. But I am financially challenged and wonder what is the general opinion of Amana. Particularly this one.....

http://woodlandtools.com/Sawblades/AmanaPrestige.html

Appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Karl Laustrup
11-28-2004, 6:24 AM
Jim, I understand from where you are coming as far as the cost of the WW2. I finally splurged and bought one at a recent Woodcraft sale. The difference in performance between it and any other blades I've used is like between a Geo Metro:o and a 'Vette:D . They both get you where you want to go, but OH MY! what a ride. I still keep the other blades around to do the grunt work, but when I want the best cut possible, it's the WW2. Just my humble opinion.

Karl

Kirk (KC) Constable
11-28-2004, 6:47 AM
I keep two WWIIs, and changed them the other day. Even tho the one on the saw was still cutting 'good enough' after a year or so, a buddy had some things going in for sharpening...so we gang up to save some shipping Putting the fresh one on reminded me that they're worth every bit of the price.

KC

Paul B. Cresti
11-28-2004, 8:27 AM
I have never used a Forrest. When I had my Unisaw i switched between a rip and crosscut blade as needed (both Frued). Now that I have my MM machines I have been using a German brand, Prazisa and get incredible results with their combo blade and laminate blade. A fellow woodworker uses the Tenyru combo on a similiar machine and has also achieved good results. I believe the Tenyru is not as expensive as the Forrest.

Jim Becker
11-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Amana makes fine blades. You'll likely be very happy with them. They are an "industrial" cutter manufacturer and the blades are beefy and well made. While I certainly am into my Forrest blades, I wouldn't be frowning if I were using an Amana.

James Giordano
11-28-2004, 7:26 PM
Thanks everyone for your input.