PDA

View Full Version : Another New to the Forum Introduction

Cynthia White
06-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Hi all:

Thought I should say hi. I just found this forum, and it's GREAT. So busy! So many questions and answers to read! I'm an eager beginner planning some first bookcases. I'm taking up woodworking so I can make a bunch of built-ins over time for a new house I'm moving into next month. My experience is very limited, and unfortunately I have only books, internet, forums and youtube as my teachers. I'm starting out with power tools until I gain more confidence and experience, then my goal is to migrate to mostly or all hand tools. I'm a Neanderthal at heart. I have lots of questions, but I'll try to keep them intelligent and polite. ;)

Good morning from British Columbia.

Cynthia

Ken Fitzgerald
06-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the Creek Cynthia! Wade right in the water's fine!

Bruce Page
06-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Cynthia, welcome to SMC.
Ask away. We all have to start somewhere.

John Keeton
06-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Cynthia, you have found the absolute best group of woodworkers!! Welcome to the creek, and we all look forward to seeing the great projects you undertake.

I think you will find that questions get a quick and informed response, so fire away!

Rob Cunningham
06-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the Creek Cynthia. A great group that's always ready to answer questions.

Van Huskey
06-14-2010, 1:54 PM
Welcome! Don't go over to the DARK side though, power tools are cool, no point in going down the path of devolution! :D

glenn bradley
06-14-2010, 2:02 PM
Welcome Cynthia. Lots of good folks here.

Von Bickley
06-14-2010, 2:35 PM
Cynthia,

Welcome to "The Creek". I know you will enjoy visiting with us.