PDA

View Full Version : Miter-saw Multi tool Stand progress

Bart Leetch
11-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Well friends this is how far things have come since the last pictures.

I've built & installed all the drawers to hold the tools from my mechanics tool box & doors. I still need to make the drawers for the Jet Spindle sander that will be inside the right door & Grizzly Portable Planer inside the left door & wire the whole cabinet for plug-ins for the afore mentioned tools & the CMS & Shopfox Mortiser that will set on top. Then I'll make some pieces to go between the partitions right directly underneath the top. The top is a piece of 3/4" MDF the will be edged with a bull nosed edge like the rest of my tool stands. Which you can see at my web site.

I came up with a unique way to raise the spindle sander once its drawer is pulled out. In the picture with the right hand door open you can see a plywood box it has a false bottom with a wheel-barrow inner-tube under it. The Jet sander sets on the false bottom & when its drawer is pulled out I can shoot the air to it & raise the Spindle Sander between 5" & 6" & install 4 pins to stabilize it. I did a mock up of this & it worked real good. :)

John Miliunas
11-27-2004, 11:54 PM
Hey Bart, you're coming along right nice with that project! Sheeeesh...I'll bet you're making drawers in your sleep! :D That's a neat idea with the inner tube. You'll have to shoot some pics with more details of that. I also like all the continuous grain on all those drawer fronts. Good thing you didn't screw one of them up! :D Good job; Carry on! :) :cool:

Jim Becker
11-28-2004, 10:43 AM
That's coming along nicely, Bart. I see you were able to get those drawer slides in without imprisoning your arms forever!! :D I'm also looking forward to seeing more details about your "OSS Lift"...very unique idea! Kewel!

Ted Shrader
11-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Bart -

Looks great. I like the inner tube idea - very ingenious. I only made 5 drawers for shop furniture - spread over two pieces - that was enough for me. You, my friend, are a drawer making machine!

Ted

Tyler Howell
11-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Looking good Bart!
You have been busy!
Anxious to see how the "Sander Lift" works.

Jim Ketron
11-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Very nice Bart!
I havent made a thing for my new shop been to busy doing other things but that will make some good winter projects!
I think I will make one sim to yours I like all the storage you have in yours
Jim

Jerry Olexa
11-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Nice job Bart! Sometimes making a fixture for the shop is more fun than making furniture. Like your setup and the lift you invented. Looking fwd to seeing more of it. Great job!

Marshall Harrison
11-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Great job Bart. I especially like the continuous grain on the drawer fronts. Once I setup my saw I'm thinking about making some mobile cabinets for my tools as I am short on room also. Your wesite gave me some ideas.