PDA

View Full Version : router question

Danny Jennings
11-27-2004, 8:11 PM
I hope this isn't something that has already been discussed and I missed it.
I just bought a PC 9690LR router today at the blue box. What is the difference between this and the PC 690LR. I couldn't find it in the specs/features shown on the boxes. I thought it was a pretty good deal at
$99.00

Can anyone enlighten me? It isn't that big of a deal...just curious. The PC 9690 is bound to beat the h**l out of my pos Crapsman. :D :D :D

Thanks in advance,
Danny

Danny Jennings
12-03-2004, 2:06 PM
I posted this at a bad time frame...Thanksgiving holidays and all...and no one with knowledge on the matter saw it before it disappeared down the list of topics.

I really would appreciate any information regarding the differences between these two routers. I apologize if I'm "beating a dead horse" by asking for info that may have already been discussed ( I really couldn't find it with a search of the archives.)

Thanks again for indulging me.

Danny

Dan Stuewe
12-03-2004, 3:57 PM
Based on the comparison at toolseeker.com the only difference is the 9690 has a "dust proof switch".

According to the Porter-Cable web site, the 9690 comes with a case.

Hope this helps.

Jim Becker
12-03-2004, 6:08 PM
The "9" at the beginning refers to a kit.

Danny Jennings
12-03-2004, 8:21 PM
for responding. That's the sort of info I wanted. It seems then that I did get a decent price on these (I bought one to give my son for Christmas and one for my wife to give me for Christmas). Started to buy a 3rd one for future son-in-law but as he and daughter is/will be living in apartment for awhile l thought it might not be too practical unless he wants to make enemies of his neighbors. :D

Thanks again guys. Much appreciated.
Danny