PDA

View Full Version : Wood Gloat

John Altberg
06-12-2010, 7:23 PM
Today six of us cut up a large box elder burl. The entire lower trunk is burl, but rotten in the middle. Still plenty of good, colorful wood in the outer rings. The rest of the trunk is still standing, but coming down, soon. We will be invited back to get more of this wonderful burl. We took away five truckloads today, the smallest of which is pictured here. It is in big chunks and waxed - we will make blanks another day!

John

David E Keller
06-12-2010, 7:56 PM
Great haul. I don't want to say it, but I must... You suck:D

Rich Greinert
06-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Wow John you suck!
Looks as if you guys did alright. Congratulations!

Bert Solis
06-12-2010, 10:21 PM
As GLOATS go this is the best we should as Creeekers need a rating for the awsome pictures that are posted on this.
Great stuff guys keep it up
Makes me want to call in sick and go chaising tree cutters.
Nice
Bert Solis

Ray Bell
06-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Very nice John, you are not very far away. Want to trade for some plain ole Sycamore;)

Steve Schlumpf
06-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Congrats on all the beautiful wood John! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!

Bernie Weishapl
06-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Congrats on some great looking wood.

George Guadiane
06-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Great haul. I don't want to say it, but I must... You suck:D

Wow John you suck!
Looks as if you guys did alright. Congratulations!

This makes three on a match - You SUCK!

Seriously, congratulations on an outstanding score!
Box elder burl is one of my most highly prized woods. I LOVE box elder. If any of you guys have too much of it and would be willing to trade or sell some of it, let me know.
I have some very nice CURLY ambrosia maple, cherry burl, curly walnut, (Spanish/Chinese?) elm burl, white oak burl that I'd be willing to trade.

charlie knighton
06-13-2010, 4:09 AM
great haul....

Randy Gazda
06-13-2010, 5:43 PM
Wow, burly, culry, red streaks, what more could you ask for.

NICE SCORE.