PDA

View Full Version : Did somebody call my house?

Ken Fitzgerald
06-12-2010, 2:15 PM
Yesterday somebody left a message on my answering machine with a phone number and they were requesting a "tour"....of my shop I think.

They used my name so I'm fairly confident it was a Creeker.

At midnight last night when going to bed, I picked up the message with a phone number but with my glasses off, I hit the wrong button and accidentally erased the message instead of saving it.

I figured the caller was probably a Creeker and most likely a turner.

If anyone is trying to reach me.....please call back and leave a number again.

It's 1115 local and I'm going out to get some hardware for the cabinet I'm building. I'll be back within an hour.....be here for a while...then gone again to haul in more lumber for more cabinets via the son's pickup. Then after about 1400 local, I'll be home the rest of the day and would surely entertain some company.

Al Wasser
06-12-2010, 2:23 PM
Now you will probably get a bunch of folks to call you up and say "it wasn't me".

Allen Neighbors
06-12-2010, 3:03 PM
Al's right... it wasn't me...
But, if it's cooler in Idaho than it is here in NW Texas, I'll be right up...
Wondered what your shop was like, anyhow.... :D

John Hart
06-12-2010, 3:20 PM
It wasn't me too....although, I have called your house....and talked to you...it wasn't me this time. So...it was probably someone else.

Not me.

Shuttin' up now.:)

Steve Schlumpf
06-12-2010, 3:37 PM
Ken - just came in from doing a little gardening - so a little late for this party - but wanted to let you know that it wasn't me.... either.

charlie knighton
06-12-2010, 4:20 PM
Ken, it was not me, maybe you could give us a photo tour?????

Ken Fitzgerald
06-12-2010, 4:42 PM
Ken, it was not me, maybe you could give us a photo tour?????

Not until it's finished......and cleaned up a bit.

I got the guy's phone number on my caller ID.

I called him back.....he wanted the other "Ken Fitzgerald".....

Now I ask you........What are the odds of 2 .....Ken Fitzgeralds.....living in a town of 31,000...in northern Idaho?....not only that he has the same middle initial and gets his prescriptions filled at Walmart too! That created quite a havok when my wife called in the 2 prescriptions I take and when she arrived there was 3 in the bag because the other guy's doctor had called in a new one.

They ask for birth dates now.............

I borrowed the oldest son's pickup and I'm hauling trash as we speak. I just brought in nearly $200 worth of plywood and 1x6's to finish the current cabinet I'm working on and then build "Nahm's Work Table"....

Maybe a photo tour in the near future. I was embarrassed when 4 members of another woodworking forum visited me in April but it inspired me to get stuff finished. I finished one rolling cabinet to house all of my turning tools and stuff. Now I am working on another for my table saw and stuff.....then Nahms assembly table....then some more wall cabinets.....eventually I will get back to turning.

John Hart has inspired me to "Get'er done!".

John Hart
06-12-2010, 6:07 PM
...John Hart has inspired me to "Get'er done!".

I take it you are referencing the Library. Yup...That was a good feeling to finally get that finished. A lot of long hours...but I know I did a good job because now I'm not allowed to mess it up....In fact, my wife announced that it is "Her Library".

Now I can get back to a normal life...turn some stuff...fix some stuff....

Oh...if anyone wants to see the Library..I stuck it over in the Projects forum. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=141377

Ooops.....Sorry for hijacking your phone call thread Ken. :o

It still wasn't me. :)

Curt Fuller
06-12-2010, 9:02 PM
Sorry Ken, that was me. I was dialing up my favorite "talk to hot chicks for $2.95 a minute" line and your number is only one digit different. When I heard your name and voice on the answering machine I kind of panicked and just made up that story about touring your shop. I'll be more careful next time I let my fingers do the walking.;)

Richard Madison
06-12-2010, 9:14 PM
Allen, if you can wait a bit I'll ride up to Idaho with you to see Ken's shop. Should be clean by the time we get there.

It's feeling kinda hot here too and it isn't even HOT yet. Just warm.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-12-2010, 9:36 PM
Well guys it probably is cooler today than in Texas but if you want to see it you'd better hurry. In late July and early August it will get over 110º F typically and the record high here is 116º F IIRC.

Don't give me that "Well it's a dry heat" bit....because it is a dry heat but over 100 ºF.......Folks it's hot!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-12-2010, 9:38 PM
I still had a pile of construction debris that the contractor left here. I hauled most of it to the local dump.

I just finished one setup for the rabbets for the back of the cabinet I'm building. Now I'm working on the other dadoes.

I just came into the house to refill the coffee cup. Can't woodwork without coffee and rock-n-roll...........

Jim Underwood
06-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Don't give me that "Well it's a dry heat" bit....because it is a dry heat but over 100 ºF.......Folks it's hot!

Yeah, I hear ya. It's kinda the same at -50° too. It's always dry even with snow piled up to your knees. It's still $%^#! cold....

I miss the mountains in Alaska, but I don't miss that COLD!

Course, if I moved away from GA, I'd not miss the humidity and heat...:rolleyes: