PDA

View Full Version : Anti-vibration gloves?

Fred Voorhees
11-27-2004, 4:20 PM
Been meaning to post this question all summer. I don't know whether it is due to the fact that I suffer from a slight (and slowly continually degrading) case of carpel tunnel syndrom or something completely different, but when I use my backpack leaf blower, my right hand gets awfully numb and painful. I theorize that due to the constant vibrations that this malady is occuring. Now, my question is - is anyone aware of what could logically be called anti-vibration gloves that I could wear while using my leaf blower? They would be a godsend!

Dean Baumgartner
11-27-2004, 4:29 PM
Fred,
You might want to try a cycling shop (bicycle) they sell gloves for bike riding that have a gel insert in the palms. I have a pair for riding bike. I used to get numb hands while on extended rides and the cloves help a lot.

Just a thought.

Dean

Jim Becker
11-27-2004, 4:42 PM
Yes...I have a pair in the shop that I used to use when sanding with the ROS...prior to moving to the Festool sanders, of course. They are gel-filled and do a great job at reducing vibration. I bought mine from Klingspoor at a show, but they should be readily avialable. I believe that Duluth Trading caries them as well as a number of other online retailers.

Kent Cori
11-27-2004, 6:08 PM
Fred,

I bought some from the local bike shop with the fingers cut off and gel in the palms. They work great and cost only $15, :D

Fred Voorhees
11-27-2004, 8:14 PM
Thanks guys. I thought that there was something along that line. I did my last leaf blowing today (Sat), but will certainly be checking around for those kind of gloves next spring when I get the blower back out for spring cleaning up of the 3 1/2 acres I call home. Heck, I might even check out the local bike shop much sooner and have them on hand for when I need them. Appeciate it!!

Carl Eyman
11-27-2004, 8:46 PM
Back when I was riding a lot, Spenco gloves were a respected brand.