PDA

View Full Version : Power twist link belts

James O'Mara
04-03-2003, 8:34 PM
Does anybody know where I can get them online. I really want to get the belt and the machined pulleys as a kit and so far have only located just the belts.

Terry Dyck
04-03-2003, 9:20 PM
You should be able to get both the belt and machined pulleys at a local industrial or machine shop supply house. Check your Yellow Pages, they are usually available even in small towns.

Herb Blair
04-03-2003, 9:20 PM
Peachtree has wat you want.

http://www.ptreeusa.comtablesaw_products.htm#belt

Herb
Carrollton, TX

Michael Cody
04-03-2003, 10:58 PM
HF has them pretty cheap ... www.harborfreight.com (http://www.harborfreight.com)

Dave Richards
04-04-2003, 7:00 AM
Grizzly is another good source. They have three different widths and are priced at 19.99 for 4 feet. grizzly.com

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Hartville Tool has them "on sale" with the pulleys.
Order one on Tuesday - received it on Thursday (yesterday)
Didn't buy the pulleys though.
Put it on the JET Contrators saw.

Tom Sweeney
04-04-2003, 1:11 PM
Did the link belt make any difference?

I have the same saw & it vibrates a little more than I'd like. Course my shop floor is uneven & that might be part of it. I've been thinking about adding the link belt but like to hear how well it works on the Jet CS.

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-04-2003, 4:02 PM
I only put it on yesterday and ran it to see if it runs OK. Just a test to see if it was going to stay in place. So have not used the saw "for real" as yet.
I have one on my band saw as well.
You have to understand that the table saw sits idle with the motor proped up to relieve the tension on the "regular" belt. Someone to me that with a link belt, I would not have to prop up the motor each winter, when I finish my woodworking season.

David Perkins
04-04-2003, 5:49 PM
I have 10" craftsman table saw for ten years now, and I purchased my link belt kit from woodcraft and BOY did it make a difference in the vibration much smoother cuts.
In the last 5 yrs I have added the Incra fence and a forrest WWII blade. I feel that the saw is set up to last at least another 10 years.

Steve Clardy
04-04-2003, 5:56 PM
[3 belts] and 1 on my old 36" craftsman manual lathe. I really like them. No guessing on the sizes, just take them apart and fit to size. Really helped on vibrations. Steve

Keith Harper
04-04-2003, 6:47 PM
I have a 52-yr old SEARS cast iron table saw. I added new pulleys and a twist belt. It never worked so good, no vibration, great cutting. Should have done it years ago. Do it now.

Bill Esposito
04-04-2003, 8:26 PM
Originally posted by Tom Sweeney
Did the link belt make any difference?

I have the same saw & it vibrates a little more than I'd like. Course my shop floor is uneven & that might be part of it. I've been thinking about adding the link belt but like to hear how well it works on the Jet CS.

Tom,

Works great on the Jet. No need for the pullys. 43771-2VGA from Harbor Freight is $13.99 for a 5' belt

James O'Mara
04-04-2003, 11:10 PM
I guess I should have said that I have the powermatic 64A table saw. I ended up finding out that this is a special order item. I was able to get my woodcraft store to order me it and the "power twist" company is going to ship direct to me. The reason that i wanted the pulleys is that the 64A has only 3/8" pulleys and I wanted to switch to the more standard 1/2". Thanks for all the help.

Jimmy