PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Convert X4 to X3 Please

Stanley Waldrup
06-10-2010, 11:24 PM
I created a file in X4 on the desk top and on the road with Laptop and X3.
Could someone convert the file for me...
Thanks
Stanley

Peter Meacham
06-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Stanley

I don't have any of the fonts on the graphic but I think you can fix that from this X3 version.

Pete

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
06-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Stanley

I don't have any of the fonts on the graphic but I think you can fix that from this X3 version.

Pete
As an FYI...at the bottom of the PANOSE font matching dialog there are two radio buttons, Temporary and Permanent.

Temporary - the font exceptions will be used for that document session only. When the file is saved and closed the original fonts will be used.Very handy when sending documents back and forth
Permanent means that the new fonts will be committed to the file from this point forward

HTH,
T.

Dee Gallo
06-11-2010, 11:29 AM
As an FYI...at the bottom of the PANOSE font matching dialog there are two radio buttons, Temporary and Permanent.

Temporary - the font exceptions will be used for that document session only. When the file is saved and closed the original fonts will be used.Very handy when sending documents back and forth
Permanent means that the new fonts will be committed to the file from this point forward

HTH,
T.

Tony,

I have x3 and see the place where you can embed fonts, but where is this PANOSE dialog found? It would be a handy tool if I can access it! Or is it the same thing as embedding?

thanks, dee

Dan Hintz
06-11-2010, 11:39 AM
I see the message anytime I open a file that requires replacement (i.e., my computer does not have the font used in creating the file).

Dee Gallo
06-11-2010, 11:59 AM
I see the message anytime I open a file that requires replacement (i.e., my computer does not have the font used in creating the file).

Yes, but then it's too late... I'm talking about placing the font into the file for sending to someone so they DON'T get that message about replacing the font. Up til now, I've had to send a separate font file and they have to install it.

Dan Hintz
06-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Dee,

When you go to save the document, there should be a checkbox that allows you to embed the font. The PANOSE dialog is for someone loading a document that uses a font not embedded within the document and not on their machine. If you are relatively sure they won't have the font, embed it, otherwise you'll have to continue to do what you're doing (sending it to them after the fact).

EDIT: Be aware... fonts with the copy protection bits set will not embed into the document... you'll need to convert to curves first. Unfortunately, Corel does not (yet) allow you to convert just those fonts and embed the rest, it's either an all or nothing deal.

Dee Gallo
06-11-2010, 2:07 PM
Aha! Thanks for the explanation, Dan. That doesn't really change anything for me, it just explains it. No biggie, it's not a huge problem.

cheers, dee

Stanley Waldrup
06-12-2010, 1:51 AM
Thanks All.. And the Ideas..
Stanley