PDA

View Full Version : Creeker visit - Ken Werner!

John Keeton
06-10-2010, 5:39 PM
Well, we had talked about it, and it finally happened. My ol' Yankee buddy Ken Werner finally made it through KY with his lovely wife Shelley!
They got to our place Wednesday afternoon, we went out for a great dinner, and stayed up past midnight talking. Just had a great time sharing stories about woodworking and life in general. They spent the night with us, and after some coffee, a little breakfast, and a walk through the "Keeton nature preserve", including a short lesson on tobacco farming, they headed off toward home.

Ken and Shelley are just wonderful people, and though we had never met, it seemed like we had known them for years.

Ken had made a beautiful little box for me of spalted maple, with very well done, and tiny, dovetails. This will have a special place in our home!
Ken, Shelley, you are welcome back in our home anytime!! Thanks for coming.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-10-2010, 6:09 PM
Congratulations Ken and John!

Ken Werner
06-10-2010, 9:48 PM
John, you told it true. We had a simply wonderful visit, and John's wife, Eileen was a gracious hostess to two northern visitors she had never met before.

The only complaint I have is that John's shop was just too neat and clean. ;) We had a great time, one which will be long remembered. And after a couple of years talking here, it was great fun to meet face to face.

Doug Carpenter
06-10-2010, 10:12 PM
When you fellas gettin' hitched? :p

Jim Kirkpatrick
06-11-2010, 7:08 AM
Yeah, Get a room! :D
Good times.

Neil Brooks
06-11-2010, 7:59 AM
Sadly, Ken now has a 2-1/2 pack a day habit that he's trying to shake ;)

Nice when ww's meet in the Really Real World !

John Shuk
06-11-2010, 8:20 AM
This is the kind of thing that makes this place great.

Steve Schlumpf
06-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Wow! Even good news doesn't stay on the front page long in this forum!

Congrats on what looks to have been a great meeting! Always enjoy hearing of Creekers getting together!

Ken - great looking spalted box! I am sure John and family with treasure it!

John - your shop looks cleaner than a lot of the restaurants I been to! That's cool - I also like working in a clean - well lit - environment!

Thanks for sharing!

Bruce Volden
06-12-2010, 1:12 PM
John, are you "packin heat" there? :D It must be fun to have some get togethers, I know I have enjoyed a couple. Keep us posted.

Bruce