PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi C10FSH SCMS dust port

William Powell
06-10-2010, 3:48 PM
My regular vac fittings don't fit the port. I've looked around the web and searched this site but could find nothing. Any owners of this saw figured out how to attach a 2 1/4 vac hose? I use duct tape right now but that ain't so good. I've look for flexible hose around here but no luck so far. The little dust bag fitting will not work, in my opinion.
Thanks

Joe Chritz
06-10-2010, 3:51 PM
I'm not familiar with that particular saw but I have had some luck modifying stock PVC fittings with a lathe to fit certain pieces.

Joe

Jason White
06-10-2010, 4:11 PM
Yep. When I had one, I used a 2" rubber plumbing coupling from Home Depot. It has a hose clamp on each end. One end on the saw's port, another on the end of your shop-vac hose. Worked fairly well for me.

Jason

My regular vac fittings don't fit the port. I've looked around the web and searched this site but could find nothing. Any owners of this saw figured out how to attach a 2 1/4 vac hose? I use duct tape right now but that ain't so good. I've look for flexible hose around here but no luck so far. The little dust bag fitting will not work, in my opinion.
Thanks

William Powell
06-10-2010, 4:15 PM
See, I knew I was missing something simple. I didn't know such fittings were made in that size. Just smaller for water pipes and larger for waste. Thanks. I'm guessing one doesn't need to use the clamps if the fit is tight enough.

John Thompson
06-10-2010, 4:45 PM
I use a rubber step adapter you find at Lowe's with the Shop Vac's. Just cut it off at the step it slips over and the outer end accepts a 2 1/2" hose. Worked on my 10" Hitachi when I had it and on my current Hitachi 12" SCMS. For whatever reason their fitting has been odd over the years? :confused: