PDA

View Full Version : It's Trim Time!!

Fred Voorhees
11-26-2004, 6:04 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering what exactly 142' of small crown moulding - 129' of outside corner moulding - 247' of inside corner moulding - 97' of base moulding - 98' of shoe moulding and 56' of 3/4" quarter round moulding - in oak - looked like, well, here it is. And I'm not exactly sure that I won't need a little bit more here and there. We shall see. So guess what I'll be doing for a while? Now, what does Norm say? Upside down and backwards?

Jim Becker
11-26-2004, 6:14 PM
Getting a litte moldy, eh??? :D That sure is a pile of kindling you have there, Mr. Fred!!! (Better you than me to be installing it, too...) BTW, the floor looks great.

Bob Worrel Jr.
11-26-2004, 9:09 PM
Fred

You got it...Upside down and backwards. And if you need a hand, don't hesitate to call....ehhhh...Jim, yeah that's it.:D

Great pile of trim though. Have fun with it.

Jerry Olexa
11-26-2004, 9:55 PM
Hope you have a CMS. Upside down and backward is right! Much easier than the split decimal angle system proposed by the manuals. It'll look great!:)

Fred Voorhees
11-27-2004, 4:14 PM
Hope you have a CMS. Upside down and backward is right! Much easier than the split decimal angle system proposed by the manuals. It'll look great!:)

Unfortunately Jerry, I don't have a CMS. One is in the plans for the future for my wood shop though. I do have a Rockwell chop saw that will serve the purpose, as well as my tablesaw for some situations.

Jerry Olexa
11-27-2004, 4:21 PM
For years, I did all my compound miter cuts on the TS by building a small sled to hold the molding @ rt angle. I said then I would never need a CMS but got a great deal on a Delta a few years ago. Now the prices are even better and many have gone to the 12" and slider. You can do it w a TS and certainly a chop saw. G Luck...