PDA

View Full Version : Rust hunting with Dad.

Marty Weatherup
06-09-2010, 9:19 PM
I just returned from 3 weeks of vacation. Two coasts in in three weeks and staying with three different family members. Man I was glad to get home. The first ten days was with my dad for his 80th birthday. He and I spent quite a bit of time rust hunting and came up with these finds. Nothing too great but some good winter restoration projects.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e103/mart-photo/IMG_0733Small.jpg

Some of the highlights in no particular order:

Sargent 207 block plane
T Howser wooden rabbet plane
An unreadable wooden rounding plane
A no name wooden jack plane
A mystery plane that resembles a #40 scrub plane but smaller
A #8 mystery plane - thought to be a Stanley but now readable markings other than the number 8.
R. Grove and Sons panel saw
Stanley 151 adjustable spoke shave
A no name spoke shave
E. Green mortise marking gauge
A.C. Bartletts tongue plane
Tidgewell bevel gauge
4" wooden clamp
no name marking gauge
Stanley 110 block plane
A giant draw shave
Wooden screw and block from a leg vise (it will end up in my upcoming bench build as the leg vise screw)
A Miller Falls miter saw (hardware and saw still in shipping)

Thanks for looking guys. Like I said nothing super great but a few interesting ones.

mart

Bob Warfield
06-10-2010, 12:57 AM
You are a very lucky man Marty. I woulg give absoutley anything to have just one day with my Dad. He has been gone for about 26 years now.
Nice haul on all the "Stuff" too!
Thanks,
Bob Warfield

harry strasil
06-10-2010, 2:16 AM
I guess I am lucky, I have my Paternal Grandfather and Father helping me most every day, by me using their tools to work with, I never met my GrdFather, he passed before I was born, but all the old timers that came in my blacksmith shop who knew him, said that I look and act just like him, and my Father has been gone 31 years now.

George Sanders
06-10-2010, 6:56 AM
Nice haul. Nice variety too.