PDA

View Full Version : It finally arrived!

Tom Welch
06-09-2010, 11:47 AM
I finally got my new 5 HP Powermatic PM2700 shaper. And she is a beauty. When I ordered it, I found out it would be back ordered til May. (I got her in May but have been real busy at work) But she was on sale for a really good price. Any way this completes my collection. I now have 3 shapers, 2 deltas ( 3 HP), and 1 powermatic. I have set up both deltas for cope and stick for door stiles and rails. The big boy will be for everything else.:cool:

Joe Leigh
06-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Sweet! Congrats on the new Powermatic.

Paul McGaha
06-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Congratulations Tom.

Looks like it's in good shape.

PHM

Jason Rutkowski
06-09-2010, 12:55 PM
WOW. She's a cream puff! Congrats!

Van Huskey
06-09-2010, 1:12 PM
Congrats! I LOVE mustard!! I also love the fence on the PM27.

Erik Christensen
06-09-2010, 2:31 PM
great shaper man - i have one paired with their 1HP 4 wheel feeder and it totally rocks!!

it is my 1st shaper (don't even have a router table) and I like pretty much everything about it. dust collection - even on climb cuts- with my 5HP cyclone DC is almost 100%, the digital height gauge makes setup so easy - I keep a notebook with heights/spacers linked to cutters and can re-create a setup that took a half dozen practice cuts usually in the first pass... etc etc

only downside having a tool this good is - when you make anything less than perfect you can ONLY blame operator error!!!

Tom Welch
06-09-2010, 3:42 PM
Thanks guys. Yes Erik that is my next purchase a 1 hp 4 wheel power feeder. Of course it has to be mustard color to work propper. O, I love the Digital Spindle Height readout. This thing dwarfs the Delta's that sit next to it. (and they are late model 3 hp units)
It seems the more machines / tools I buy the longer my list of "need to buy" gets :eek:! Any body else have this problem? :o

Jason White
06-09-2010, 4:01 PM
You have room for THREE shapers??
:eek:

Lucky guy, you!

Jason

I finally got my new 5 HP Powermatic PM2700 shaper. And she is a beauty. When I ordered it, I found out it would be back ordered til May. (I got her in May but have been real busy at work) But she was on sale for a really good price. Any way this completes my collection. I now have 3 shapers, 2 deltas ( 3 HP), and 1 powermatic. I have set up both deltas for cope and stick for door stiles and rails. The big boy will be for everything else.:cool:

Randy Henry
06-09-2010, 5:07 PM
Congtats Tom,
I have the same setup as Erik, with the PM 1 hp, 4 wheel. One thing I would recommend is when you have a chance, take out the set screws on the motor pulley and put blue lock-tite on them, and re-install them. Believe me, it may save you later, as I found out the hard way. Other than that small glitch, I have been very happy so far.

Tom Welch
06-10-2010, 5:44 AM
Thanks Randy, I will. That is the cool thing about this forum, we can share info, set ups, etc....
Well Jason, I hardly have room, every thing in my 2 car garage (no cars allowed) has mobile bases on them. Soon I am going to be building a shop on some land that I have and after the shop gets built, then we are going to build a new home. ( I figure you have to have your prioritys straight) I am going to be renting a stroage unit and put the 10' panel saw along with my shop hoist and buy a track saw to break down sheet goods. O yea, I may put the router table in storage too.