PDA

View Full Version : Micron DC Bag Applications?

Kevin Gerstenecker
04-03-2003, 8:17 PM
I just received my .03 Micron Bags from Griz for my Dust Collector. I used the standard bags for a couple of weeks, and wasn't happy with the fine dust discharge, so I decided to spring for the Micron Bags. Should one replace both the upper and lower bags with the Micron Bags, or is replacing the upper enough to get the job done? I bought 2, just in case, and my thinking was that if I used only one for the top, the fine dust would just follow the path of least resistance, and still be discharged thru the bottom bag. Am I on the right track here? So far, the DC is doing a great job................I should have bought a DC Unit YEARS ago! The Wife even remarked, while I was sawing with my TS, that there was not any sawdust flying around..............so for her to notice, it must be working! :D

Ron Jones near Indy
04-03-2003, 8:40 PM
Replace both the upper and lower bags. The fine, really damaging, dust will escape from the lower bag if you replace only the upper bag.;)

Terry Hatfield
04-04-2003, 12:34 AM
Kevin,

You must replace both bags. You will be amazed at the added flow you will have with the new bags. Don't be suprised if the bags don't completely inflate like the old 30 micron bags did. The better bags will have much less resistance and won't pop up like the originals.

Terry

Dale Sherman
04-04-2003, 10:39 PM
...if you can rig it so that both bags are top bags, you can put both old bags on the bottom and line them with plastic garbage bags to collect the sawdust. This task is most easily accomplished by using the 4-bag system from a 3-hp unit and attaching it to your smaller DC system.

Another way is to use a cyclone or drop box to collect the majority of the dust, then make a simple plenum with your 0.3 micron bags on top and a sealed garbage can on the bottom.

Dale