PDA

View Full Version : I Need an Apron

Tom Winship
06-08-2010, 5:36 PM
Sunday we had a large group (approx 200) guests at our church and fed them afterward. The meal was catered but the ladies brought salads and deserts. In order to avoid the after meal philosophy sessions, I made straight for the sink and washed dishes for about 1 1/2 hours. (I thought my 2 month old hip did rather well.)

Today, I just finished helping my wife can 18 half pints of plum jelly and cleaned up after that.

Do I need and apron or a skirt?

I still glued rails and runners into my Chris Becksvoort inspired mesquite dresser, so I'm not real worried yet.

Michael Mezalick
06-08-2010, 5:55 PM
I think you need a pat on the back and a " Well Done!"
Smile, knowing how many other you gave that smile to.
Michael

Ron Jones near Indy
06-08-2010, 6:19 PM
That earns an "attaboy" in my book.

Belinda Barfield
06-09-2010, 8:15 AM
First, you deserve a big hug for being so thoughtful and helpful.
Second, get yourself one of those manly grilling aprons. Protects your clothes but still makes a statement! :D

Prashun Patel
06-09-2010, 8:29 AM
Yes, you need an apron. But that's not a bad thing. More men need to learn how to wear an apron proudly. Kitchen work ain't just for the ladies anymore.

Rick Prosser
06-09-2010, 9:59 AM
Yes, you need an apron. But that's not a bad thing. More men need to learn how to wear an apron proudly. Kitchen work ain't just for the ladies anymore.

+1 for sure.

Jerome Hanby
06-09-2010, 11:18 AM
For some reason the punch line of an old joke, "no that's where jewelery comes from" popped into my head.

Phyllis Meyer
06-09-2010, 2:44 PM
Oh, and tell her that the folks from the creek thinks she should buy you a new saw...:)

Phyllis:)

Don Jarvie
06-09-2010, 3:36 PM
Forget the apron or skirt, you need a "Well Done". You just bought yourself extra hours in the shop.

Pat Germain
06-09-2010, 4:22 PM
It's quite common for me to remove my Woodcraft apron after finishing up in the shop and immediately put on my Williams Sonoma apron to work in the kitchen. I wear both proudly.

Tom Winship
06-09-2010, 5:03 PM
I helped "blanche" (sp?) about 4 gallons of squash and helped her get some Brazos berries cooking down to make jelly from.
Spent the afternoon in the shop adjusting the tenoning jig to parallel, and making 8 rails for my mesquite dresser.
Getting all kind of points.
Finally caught on at age 67 after 47 years of marriage.