PDA

View Full Version : Good Customer Service at SAIA

Jim Rimmer
06-07-2010, 1:30 PM
I ordered my G0555X from Grizzly last week and it was shipped via SAIA freight. I called them to make sure they would notify me when it was going to be delivered and had a great experience. First was the 1-800 number where I reached a very friendly lady who looked up my pro number and gave me the latest info. I asked if they would call me and was told she couldn't answer because that was a local dispatcher's area but she would transfer me to them (not give me another number to call) and was there anything else she could do. Transferred call picked up on second ring. Another very friendly lady tells me they have my celll # and will call 1 hour in advance and asked if that would be enough time for me to get home. She said it probably woudn't be delivered until Monday or Tuesday. At the time I really wanted it on Friday (now I realize I didn't need it that quick but that's another story) so she agreed to put on the order "deliver as quickly as possible." Friday, the driver calls and tells me he is at the Kemah Boardwal about two miles from my house and I'm next. I drive home and he shows up, helps me slide it into my pickup and then I backed up to the garage and he helps me slide it to the floor.

Great CS from everyone I talked to at SAIA as well as the driver (who by the way, was very hot from the Houston heat/humidity) and the boxes had no external damage other than just minor nicks in the cardboard here and there. Internally, no damage.

So, overall, a great experience. And, Shiraz, keep using SAIA. The saw arrived in a lot better shape that my G0661 table saw that UPS brought.

Tom Winship
06-08-2010, 8:01 AM
Jim, +1 on SAIA customer service. I live on a well traveled country road and received 4 items from Grizz in '09. Same driver each time (their terminal here is in Waco) and we were calling each other by first name by third delivery.
After 1st delivery, it became old hat. They would call and say they were coming, the driver would call about an hour before being there and I would be sitting in the driveway on the tractor waiting for him.