PDA

View Full Version : Another recent piece-better photo?

Steve Trauthwein
06-07-2010, 9:39 AM
Hello All,

Here is another piece, still testing photo quality. I think this one is a little better. Jeff, you have permission to play with it again. Comments and critiques encouraged.

Regards, Steve

Richard Madison
06-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Steve, what color is your background?

Steve Trauthwein
06-07-2010, 12:18 PM
The background is white.

Richard Madison
06-07-2010, 1:22 PM
Steve, your white balance setting is not quite right, which is making the background look blue. That is, the type of light source is different than your camera setting. If you have different settings for fluorescent, incandescent, daylight, etc. try some pictures with each setting but with same lighting to see which looks best. If your camera has a white balance preset feature, consult your owner's manual and give that a try. Mine works pretty well but my camera tends to under expose slightly and I still get a hint of blue. The beauty of digital is that you can try lots of things at no extra cost.

David E Keller
06-07-2010, 9:10 PM

Here's the same photo just cropped a bit and with the background hue corrected. The resolution is not great because I used the thumbnail for the editing.

Steve Schlumpf
06-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Steve - interesting photo! I agree with Richard on setting the light source for your camera. If you are using daylight CFLs - set your camera to hot florescent and that will eliminate much of the blue coloring.

Are you using a graphics program to edit your photos?