PDA

View Full Version : T-track for Biesemeyer fence?

Jason White
06-06-2010, 8:51 PM
I have an older Delta Biesemeyer fence with laminate-covered birch plywood faces. I'd like to incorporate a t-track into once of the faces. Any suggestions for doing this?

Jason

Jim O'Dell
06-06-2010, 9:23 PM
I've thought about adding on onto my Bies. I'm thinking butting it up against the left face, but mounted on top. You could take the face off and incorporate the track in a new face if you want it on the side. Jim.

Jason White
06-06-2010, 9:27 PM
Another thought I had was to replace one ofcthe fence faces with an aluminum face that has t-track already molded in.

Anybody know of such a thing?

I've thought about adding on onto my Bies. I'm thinking butting it up against the left face, but mounted on top. You could take the face off and incorporate the track in a new face if you want it on the side. Jim.

Jim O'Dell
06-06-2010, 9:34 PM
Not sure why you couldn't use a piece of extruded aluminum that has several tracks in it. Seems like Incra sells it in longer lengths. Kreg might also. I've thought about some to attach to my Grizzly miter guage to make it like the Laguna miter guage they offer with their saw that is the same as the G0691. Seems like the Incra stuff is 4" wide. I even have a short section that is about 6" that came with the Incra RT fence system. Maybe they have that available also. Jim.

John R Green
06-06-2010, 10:45 PM
A device that stradles the fence, works both sides of the fence and it's very slick..... Here's what I made that works without messing with Ole Bess.

Alan Schaffter
06-06-2010, 11:24 PM
You can do what John did, but use aluminum extrusion from 80/20 available in many sizes and, T-slot configurations on Ebay.

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/m/mOH8m4JKzPNkf7QCkYmvNDQ/96.jpg

Jason White
06-10-2010, 8:20 PM
Anybody else?

Another thought I had was to replace one ofcthe fence faces with an aluminum face that has t-track already molded in. Anybody know of such a thing?

Phil Thien
06-10-2010, 11:52 PM
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=1572&filter=t%2Dslot%20bit

I use a router to add t-slots to wood all the time. In fact, I've never used aluminum t-track.

Josiah Bartlett
06-11-2010, 1:25 PM
I just drilled and tapped the top of the fence to fit a T-track, and left the faces alone. Then I can still attach most accessories, including a "politician" fence, but it doesn't interfere with the mostly pristine smooth surface of the face. There is plenty of meat in the box section of the fence to tap for 10-32 or your choice of screws.