PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Great White North!

Bruce Page
11-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Well, I have a 6:00 AM flight tomorrow morning back to Kodiak, Alaska, and I’m not scheduled to return home until just before Christmas.:( This is the first time that I have had all of my Christmas shopping done in November!:rolleyes:
If all goes well, we should get this puppy off the ground - you might even read about it in the newspaper. I will post some pic's of the launch when I get back.
The daily weather forecast for Kodiak this time of year is rain/snow, rain/snow, and more rain/snow! :mad:
I’ll be checking in on you guys from time to time so be good and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Richard McComas
11-25-2004, 2:54 PM
Bruce, if your a hunter I believe deer hunting is in full swing in Kodiak right now. A friend and co-worker is there right now doing some hunting.

Bruce Page
11-25-2004, 3:53 PM
Bruce, if your a hunter I believe deer hunting is in full swing in Kodiak right now. A friend and co-worker is there right now doing some hunting.Richard, the last time I went Elk hunting, I blew my knee out in 4 feet of snow. My hunting days are over.:(

How's the weather where you are?

Richard McComas
11-25-2004, 4:07 PM
Richard, the last time I went Elk hunting, I blew my knee out in 4 feet of snow. My hunting days are over.:(

How's the weather where you are?

The weather here has been mild. If fact a little above average for this time of year. Today it's about 30* and light snow. Been this way for a couple weeks or so.

I don't think snow would be much of a problem in Kodiak right now, might get wet if you get of the boat. You know the best way to hunt Kodiak deer is to cruise the shore line until you fined them. You don't even have to get out of the boat unless you want to shoot something.

James Giordano
11-25-2004, 6:48 PM
That's a pretty big bullet for deer hunting. What size gun does that go in?:D

What's up with the goofy hats?

Jim Becker
11-25-2004, 7:59 PM
Is that the booster for the "inflatable" stuff that was on MSNBC.com?

John Miliunas
11-25-2004, 9:23 PM
Have a great trip, Bruce. Tell the Eskimo's we says, "HI"! Hurry back! :cool:

Bruce Page
11-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Is that the booster for the "inflatable" stuff that was on MSNBC.com?Jim, I could tell ya but then I'd have ta...well, you know the rest.:D

I didn't see the msnbc story.

Norman Hitt
11-26-2004, 4:47 AM
Bruce, the Wx forecast is probably correct as the Only time I was on Kodiak was in late July of 1963, on a stopover coming back from a tour on Shemya, and it was overcast and raining then. I didn't even get off the plane, because I was afraid something would happen and I'd get stuck there. I was in kind of a hurry to get home to see my oldest daughter for the first time, as she was already 5 1/2 months old.

I've gotta say that it sure looked to be a nicer place than Shemya. Good luck with that big Roman candle thing in the pic. We have a friend that retired down to Elephant Butte from Sandia Corp. during this past year that used to design some of the packages that go on those things.

Have a safe trip, and stay dry.

Cheers.......Norm

Pete Lamberty
11-27-2004, 3:57 PM
Hey Bruce, I hope your 6 am flight isn't on that rocket. :D We should call you rocket man.

larry merlau
11-29-2004, 9:04 AM
wel brucew we will be waitn fer ya to return, wish i was in your shoes been ther once and want to go back again before i am to old to enjoy it. was gonna ask what that rocket was for buti see that it isnt something you can tell us. have a safe trip :D