PDA

View Full Version : Safety Speed Cut C4 accessories

Dan Chouinard
06-06-2010, 8:50 AM
Should I buy SSC accessories such as extensions, mid-rail, stops and wheels or roll my own? If I can accurately jig this puppy up it would save alot of time and dough.
My idea is to fasten a 4' by 8' piece of sacrificial plywood or mdf to the frame. The 1st cross cut through would give me a line of sight reference point for aligning cross cuts. A multitude of adjustable stops, extensions and a midrail could be easily mounted.
Good or bad idea?

Thanks,
Dan

Tom Welch
06-06-2010, 9:17 AM
If you mount a 4x8 sheet and leave it on you won't be able to turn the blade Horizionally to due ripping operations. Although if you are just going to do cross cuts it is a cool idea, you would also sorta kinda have a zereo clearance insert, sorta kinda. I have a big panel saw (speed cut) 10''frame. I made a stop guide, mounted a Kreg KM57714 T-track, (he one with a bracket at 90 degrees to the track.) which made it easy to mount it flush with the frame. Although I like the panel saw, it takes up way to much room in my 2 car garage/shop. I wish I would have bought a Feestool track saw instead. Also the tear out is bad, on plywood when cross cuting. I cut everything oversize and final cut it on the table saw.