PDA

View Full Version : My Brother's Hose

Jim Koepke
06-05-2010, 10:16 PM
While pulling garden hose today I thought of my brother.

My hose bib is inside our greenhouse and the hose is a 100 footer. I was thinking of putting tape around it at intervals to double it and then have half or a third as much pulling to do.

The reason this made me think of my brother is the first thing he does with a new garden hose is to wrap electrical tape around it in a few places and then he gets it good and dirty. This way it looks like an old dirty leaky hose and no one steals it when he leaves it out.

Since I live out in the boonies, there ain't anyone driving anywhere near where my hose may be left out.

jim

Michael Weber
06-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Clever brother. I realize some people will steal anything not nailed down, but how desperate must a person be to steal a water hose? Living in Arkansas does have a few advantages and one is never having to worry about someone stealing your water hose. :rolleyes:

Charlie Reals
06-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Clever brother. I realize some people will steal anything not nailed down, but how desperate must a person be to steal a water hose? Living in Arkansas does have a few advantages and one is never having to worry about someone stealing your water hose. :rolleyes:

Ya ever run outa gas?:D, but then, a guy would even cut the one with tape. all ya need is six feet.

Jim Koepke
06-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Ya ever run outa gas?:D, but then, a guy would even cut the one with tape. all ya need is six feet.

Because of the way modern gas fill tubes are designed, a large diameter hose will not fit into the spout. Comes from the days when there was still leaded gas. The ends on the different grades of gas were different sizes so people couldn't put leaded in a car made for unleaded.

Where my brother lives, they will take just about anything that isn't nailed down. Even a hose and sprinkler that are watering a lawn.

jim

Paul Ryan
06-06-2010, 1:18 PM
I get a little scared when someone is talking about "their brother's hose"

Charlie Reals
06-06-2010, 2:32 PM
Because of the way modern gas fill tubes are designed, a large diameter hose will not fit into the spout. Comes from the days when there was still leaded gas. The ends on the different grades of gas were different sizes so people couldn't put leaded in a car made for unleaded.

Where my brother lives, they will take just about anything that isn't nailed down. Even a hose and sprinkler that are watering a lawn.

jim

You betcha and there are still a lot of those rigs running around here?