PDA

View Full Version : Help with a BIESEMEYER Fence System

Phil Koundakjian
06-05-2010, 12:48 PM
I started noticing that my Biesemeyer fence is not "locking" and gets to slide away from the blade when in use. The fence is more than 10 years old. I hate to buy a whole new fence system if it is a couple of parts I need. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Phil

Karl Brogger
06-05-2010, 1:06 PM
Have you checked with a dealer to see if the you can get just the parts?

Damon Stathatos
06-05-2010, 1:36 PM
When you lock your fence down, it is merely pressing a 'faceplate' into your front rail.

I use the same fence on two different table saws. On one of the saws, the rail is a slightly smaller dimension so, when I use it on that one, the fence will slide.

I use a shim in between the 'faceplate' and rail. The shim I use is a cut piece of metal strapping (the stuff they use to strap pallet loads), but any thin dimension material should do, as long as it is roughly as hard as the metals. I attach the shim with simple electric tape slightly above and out of the way of the pressure point(s).

There are most likely a number of work-arounds for this and you probably can come up with something even better (possibly more permanent) after you get to fooling around with it. I like my solution because it allows me to change back and forth between my two saws / rails.

Hope this helps.

Charles Thomas
06-05-2010, 2:36 PM
You might check to maqke sure that the small piece of laminate that is glued to the lock cam is not missing. Mine has fallen off a couple of times with the same situation. I just find it on the floor and glue it back on. I hope this helps.

Will Overton
06-05-2010, 2:53 PM
The same two screws that are used to adjust the fence parallel to the blade are used to tighten the clamping action. Adjust both screws the same amount, a little at a time. When the fence is clamping properly, recheck alignment.

Jeff Duncan
06-05-2010, 3:57 PM
Yup what Will said, most likely just a little adjustment is needed. If one of the tabs fell off I believe your alignment with the blade would be off, which should be pretty noticeable. I'm guessing it's just normal wear, had to do it on mine last week.
good luck,
JeffD

Phil Koundakjian
06-05-2010, 7:10 PM
Thanks for the response ..

glenn bradley
06-06-2010, 9:35 PM
The metal piece that presses against the rail on my Bies has a plastic pad on it. I've read these were Formica-like once upon a time but mine appears to be HDPE or perhaps just nylon.

Lee Schierer
06-07-2010, 2:26 PM
You might check to maqke sure that the small piece of laminate that is glued to the lock cam is not missing. Mine has fallen off a couple of times with the same situation. I just find it on the floor and glue it back on. I hope this helps.

+1 on what Charles says. Same thing happened with mine. Suddenly it wouldn't lock. I glued the formica piece back on and it has worked like new ever since.