PDA

View Full Version : What an outfit!

John Miliunas
11-24-2004, 11:34 PM
First, to the moderators: If you feel this doesn't belong here and want to move it to OT or something, I'll understand! I just thought I'd post here, because this would get the best viewer coverage and I think most of our members purchase WW tools! :rolleyes: :D

The following will probably come as little surprise to most, but just in case there are "Newbies" or such around, I figured I'd post this.

Anyhow, I ordered several items last week from Lee Valley. They arrived today, well packed and the order complete. One of the items was a leather plane holster for small block planes. Intended to hook on your belt and for storing said plane. Looked nice until I noticed that one of the rivets was punched almost 1/2-way OFF the material! :eek: Sure enough, that was holding nothing together and even the stitching a bit further down from that point had already started to unravel. :(

OK, not real happy about this, but I thought I'd give LV a chance to fix it. I snapped a couple digi-pics and inserted them with an email I sent LV with a short explanation. I was mainly asking if they would do something about it and, if so, what I needed to do. The outbound note was date-stamped for today, at 3:31pm. I received a note back from them at 4:01 this afternoon! :) So, what do I need to do? NOTHING! They sent a sincere apology and a note telling me that a replacement is going out right away! :D Further, they instructed me to NOT send the original one back! No, I would NOT trust it to be used on my belt, but it sure is good enough to store a plane in! :)

Bottom line: LV rocks! There are a number of reasons I keep going back to them, as well as recommending them to other and this just proves out ONE of those reasons! :) Thanks for letting me share this very positive experience! Rock on, LV! :) :cool:

Mark Singer
11-24-2004, 11:46 PM
John,

I know that you are talented and can use Photoshop to move rivets and stitches almost at will....I am not saying you did this...but as the Lone Ranger said "Two Holsters are better Than One ...Cowboy" ...."Go for your gun":D

How is your plane ? Is it plane or adorned?

Greg Mann
11-24-2004, 11:49 PM
John,

I think this is very much on topic. We spend a fair amount of time talking about whether some tool (or distributor) is worth the extra cost they charge or not. Service after a sale and plane old respect for the way business is done should be a factor in our purchasing decisions. And, in this case, we are not even talking about extra cost in the original purchase. Knowing that a company will do right by you is very germaine to what goes on here.

Greg

Sparky Paessler
11-24-2004, 11:53 PM
That's why I keep ordering from them. A great company!

Mark Singer
11-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Lee Valley is a great company...I have had only great service from them...and I have and will keep coming back..!

Carole Valentine
11-25-2004, 9:45 AM
Lee Valley has been my first choice since I started woodworking. I have never come across a company that is more customer oriented and responsive. Oh, and they carry top notch mechandise as well. I am a Veritas addict! LOL OF course there can always be the rare problem, but you won't find any company quicker at rectifying with the least inconvenience to the customer than LV. I only wish other companies would take a close look at them and use them as a model

Jim Becker
11-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Wait 'til you see the post about LV I'm about to put in the Neander forum... :D

Frank Pellow
11-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Lee Valley and Festool! As I said in my http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=14151 thread yesterday, they are the best two companies in their respective fields. :)

Jerry Olexa
11-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Based on this, I will order the next few items from them. AND besides, they have a GREAT catalog!!

Rich Konopka
11-25-2004, 12:56 PM
John,

I couldn't agree with you more about Lee Valley. I have my own Customer Service story regarding LV. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=10559)

I also have good things to say about Woodpeckers customer service. I had purchased a table and Incra LS system and I called them a week later with a 10% code and they credited my account even though the sale was completed a week earlier. First Class Customer Service.

I also have to say good things about Home Depot as well. They have been very fair and helpful when I have had some issues.

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

James Farrow
11-25-2004, 1:09 PM
I Agree! Probably the best place there is.

The service is not only great but quick as well.

Bought a bunch of stuff there and will continue to do so.

James :)

Kelly C. Hanna
11-25-2004, 1:17 PM
I am about to send a link to LV for a quartz heater for the shop...maybe even get two of them. I look forward to getting my first order from them. Everyone has spoken so highly of them in the past. Glad you posted this here!

Jim Stastny
11-25-2004, 1:23 PM
Generally, I won't buy from a cataloge outfit other than LV unless they don't have what I'm looking for.

John Miliunas
11-25-2004, 1:48 PM
John,

I know that you are talented and can use Photoshop to move rivets and stitches almost at will....I am not saying you did this...but as the Lone Ranger said "Two Holsters are better Than One ...Cowboy" ...."Go for your gun":D

How is your plane ? Is it plane or adorned?

LOL! You give me too much credit, Mark! I'm downright "terble" with Photoshop! :D

And the plane is not exactly plain. It's one of those nice, bright brass ones, now further adorned with some very pretty shavings! :) :cool:

thomas prevost
11-25-2004, 7:55 PM
If ya didn't get one, request their christmas catalog. It is full of neat junk, I mean christmas ideas. Been floating it by wife. I have no idea who their buyer is, but he must have the greatest job on earth, trying out all these new toys. They also pay great attention to details in their manufacturing (What makes their tools so great).

Bob Marino
11-25-2004, 9:55 PM
Agree with you here John. Lee Valley is a wonderful company to deal with; both products and service are superb.

Bob