PDA

View Full Version : Cutting sandpaper

Mike Mortenson
11-24-2004, 10:47 PM
I have a 16-32 Performax sander and was thinking about buying a roll of sandpaper and cutting it to fit. I was wondering whats the best thing to use to cut the sandpaper to fit the performax. I figured i would lay an old piece on top of the roll to mark the angle cuts and the length. Also would like to know if anyone does this how it has worked out. Looks like a good way to save some money if it works. Thanks

Mark Singer
11-24-2004, 11:17 PM
I have the Genreral 24" and cut my own paper. The length has to be right on! Make a plywood tempete for the end.

Steve Jenkins
11-25-2004, 12:01 PM
I cut my own too and just use a utility knife.

Jim Becker
11-25-2004, 12:05 PM
I use heavy utility scissors to cut sandpaper. BTW, lay out an existing wrap on a long bench surface in your shop and mark the extents. That will make it a piece of cake to cut new pieces from the bulk roll.

John Weber
11-25-2004, 2:53 PM
I have an old heavy duty paper cutter from a school auction. Works great - very clean cuts, and seems to stay sharp.

John

Bruce Page
11-25-2004, 4:06 PM
Mike, I have an old pair of Clauss scissors that I dedicated just to sandpaper cutting. They won’t cut paper or cloth anymore, but they still do a good job with sandpaper.