View Full Version : Long shaft (30 cm) screw driver with 5/32 hex head?

Daniel Shnitka
06-05-2010, 1:15 AM
A long shaft (30 cm nearly 12 inches in length) with 5/32 Allen hex head screw driver is needed to to speed above the table router bit changes.

I have had no luck in my search on the internet or locally for such a screwdriver.
I came across a "long shaft" 30 cm in length screw driver, however it had a Robertson square driver bit inserted in the end.

I was thinking of removing the Robertson head bit using heat and force with the bit clamped in a heavey duty vise. It is that or cutting the Robertson head driver it off just down the shaft a little past where the bit is inserted. It would then need to be end drilled. A hole large enough in the end of shaft to accept a cut off piece of 5/32 allen key hex wrench.

I do not have acess to a welder though I could possibly sodder the drill hex bit in the hole.:confused:

Thomas Hotchkin
06-05-2010, 1:26 AM
Robertson square driver bit inserted in the end.

I was thinking of removing the Robertson head bit using heat and force with the bit clamped in a heavey duty vise. It is that or cutting the Robertson head driver it off just down the shaft a little past where the bit is inserted. It would then need to be end drilled. A hole large enough in the end of shaft to accept a cut off piece of 5/32 allen key hex wrench.

Pickup a 1/4"X 5/32" allen bit (available at most tool stores) and replaced the Robertson bit with it. Tom

Chris Parks
06-05-2010, 1:29 AM
1/4 drive socket extension, T drive handle and a 1/4 drive 5/32 hex bit. You can also buy 1/4 drive screwdriver type handles as well if the T drive handle is not what you want.

Josiah Bartlett
06-05-2010, 2:35 AM
McMaster Carr has T handle hex keys in up to 24" long. http://www.mcmaster.com