PDA

View Full Version : CorelDRAW X4 - Error 24

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
06-03-2010, 1:13 PM
Hey folks!

There has been some serious traffic since June 1st on the topic of Error 24 with CorelDRAW X4. I wanted to share some info with you in the event you, or someone you know, runs into the issue. If you will go to corel.com, under "blogs", you will find a link entitled "Update on CorelDRAW X4 Error 24 Problems." There is a lot of helpful exchange that may benefit CorelDRAW X4 users.

Tony Severenuk
User Experience Designer
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite

Dan Hintz
06-03-2010, 4:28 PM
Tony,

Thanks for posting this... a very generous offer by Corel, similar to Disney's. As others continually post about what a great deal they found on places like eBay, I'd like to quote from Gerard's post:

As posted in the forum earlier and as a general reminder, Corel and our authorized partners do not sell products at 50 to 90% discount, and amazing deals on auction or marketplace sites are rarely legitimate. If you find a price that seems too good to be true compared to the one listed on Corel.com or an authorized Corel reseller, please feel free to contact me directly so that we can take appropriate action.

I would love to see a comment, either from you or Gerard directly, pertaining to the legality of the "education software" sites.

Jeff Belany
06-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Where is the 'blog' section on corel.com? I looked and couldn't find it. Maybe it was right in front of me but I didn't see it. I also searched the site for "Error 24" and got no hits. I have used Corel since v3 and have had more problems with x4 than all the others combined. Really odd issues with fonts appearing (ones I never installed) and disappearing, icons changing size at random and others strange things. I have emailed Corel and when the answers came (after 2 weeks) they were all but useless.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

James Leonard
06-04-2010, 11:45 AM
HI,

Have a look at coreldraw.com instead.

-James

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
06-07-2010, 9:52 AM
Tony,
I would love to see a comment, either from you or Gerard directly, pertaining to the legality of the "education software" sites.

Academic software is available to people who are studying to become a designer, or people using the software to do school projects. The idea being that students don't have a lot of money to spend on materials and software. After one graduates and starts generating revenue from their profession they would buy a copy of the software they are accustomed to.

I noticed that there are several education sites who are selling over the internet and they require proof of enrollment before they ship the software. Usually the official academic versions are going for slightly more then $100 US.

The $60 software that it popping up all over the place appears to be made by other 3rd parties. In many cases they are including pirated serial numbers in the DVD cases. It's worth noting that this is where most (all??) of the issues surround X4 have popped up.

T.

Dan Hintz
06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
I noticed that there are several education sites who are selling over the internet and they require proof of enrollment before they ship the software. Usually the official academic versions are going for slightly more then $100 US.
They are "supposed" to require proof, but more often than not they don't, or the "proof" is easily forged in 5 minutes. Hence the reason it's so easy to get software from those sites.

John Noell
06-07-2010, 3:03 PM
But I'm a "student of life" - does that qualify me? On that ridiculous note, last night my son-in-law showed me a Chinese website that offers Win7 Ultimate "Original & Legitimate" for under US$10. Yeah, right.

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
06-08-2010, 4:05 PM
They are "supposed" to require proof, but more often than not they don't, or the "proof" is easily forged in 5 minutes. Hence the reason it's so easy to get software from those sites.

Dan: That is one isssue, the bigger one being that some folks are selling illegal copies on ebay and they go for half of what the academic version sells for.

T.

Bill Cunningham
06-08-2010, 9:52 PM
But I'm a "student of life" - does that qualify me? On that ridiculous note, last night my son-in-law showed me a Chinese website that offers Win7 Ultimate "Original & Legitimate" for under US$10. Yeah, right.

Ha.. It's probably full of backdoors to accomodate the Chinese hackers and spammers looking for a digital goldmine.