PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Hat Collection

Frank Pellow
11-24-2004, 7:07 PM
I am starting a collection of hats from woodworking-related organizations.

So far I only have three hats but they represent:

the best woodworking forum,

the best maker of handheld woodworking power tools,

the best retailer/manufacturer of woodworking non-power tools and accessories.
So, what I have is definately quality over quantity.

Bob Worrel Jr.
11-24-2004, 7:12 PM
Frank

Nice hats

Steve Clardy
11-24-2004, 7:30 PM
Nice hats Frank

Karl Laustrup
11-24-2004, 8:05 PM
Nice hats Frank. I wear hats all the time. Problem is some of the hats I get I have a hard time wearing because they are really nice. Just like yours. :) Dilemma....want to show off and wear hat, but don't want to wear it in case it might get dirty or...............:eek:

Frank Pellow
11-24-2004, 8:21 PM
Nice hats Frank. I wear hats all the time. Problem is some of the hats I get I have a hard time wearing because they are really nice. Just like yours. :) Dilemma....want to show off and wear hat, but don't want to wear it in case it might get dirty or...............:eek:
As you can see from the photo, I wear mine and they get dirty.

By the way, the Saw Mill Creek hat is the most comfortable one that I own. The hat has already been washed twice and seems the stand up well.

Rob Russell
11-24-2004, 8:32 PM
Hmmm - this could definitely get interesting.

Best stationary machine company - Martin. Or would you go slightly less stratospheric in price and drop down to Felder? Don't know what's available for hats.
Best truck for hauling lumber for woodworking - whatever you drive. I happen to have a Dodge, but Fords, Chevy/GMCs, Toyotas and Nissans all haul lumber. You can definitely get a hat from any of them.

Just a couple for the list ...

Rob

Christopher Pine
11-24-2004, 9:25 PM
here is a hat for the best woodworkers guild! :)
Just my opinion of course... :)

John Weber
11-24-2004, 9:41 PM
Frank,

You must have a little time on your hands today - me too. Not sure about "the best", but I've got decent collection:

Delta X5
Delta Machinery - Blue
Delta Woodworking Equipment - Black
Porter Cable
Badger Pond
Marc Adams School of Woodworking
Wood Werks Supply - Columbus, Ohio
Home Depot - If that counts
Home Depot/Tony Sewart
Corners Hardware
WoodCentral
Skihl

The favs are Wood Werks and Marc Adams, but are to nasty to wear anymore. I usually draw the Skil or Delta now days. I've also decided not to buy anymore hats. Don't even ask how many Ohio State hats I own...

John

Frank Pellow
11-24-2004, 9:50 PM
John, that's quite a collection, but I notice that Saw Mill Creek is missing. Do yourself a favour and purchase one more hat.

Mike Tempel
11-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Does anyone know the status of the Creeker's hats we ordered a while back? I am getting tired of working in "work" hats. I need one for the shop as my others are getting a bit gamey:eek: .

Marshall Harrison
11-25-2004, 8:17 PM
NIce collection of hats.

I sure wish I could find my Badger Pond hat but it got lost when I moved.

Where can I go to get the SMC hat?

Kelly C. Hanna
11-26-2004, 12:27 AM
C'mon Frank, I know yer hidin' a Home Depot hat somewhere in there....:D:D:D

Seriously, nice start to a hat collection. I am still waiting to get an SMC hat...:(

Karl Laustrup
11-26-2004, 6:34 AM
Frank,

I would like to have one of those SMC hats. How do I go about getting one? I do have a couple of coins left over from my building new shed, new BS and cyclone purchases. I do need a couple of WW hats. All my current hats are golf or NASCAR [#3, #8]. Oh, yeah I do have a couple of "G.B. PACKER" :) hats also.
Thanks,
Karl

Frank Pellow
11-26-2004, 6:41 AM
I am not sure how one goes about purchasing a Saw Mill Creek hat right now. Dennis Peacock organized a bulk purchase of hats last summer and that is how I got mine. I suggest that you contact Aaron Koehl. He probably knows how to get one now.

Jackie Outten
11-26-2004, 8:23 AM
Karl,

I will work on placing an order for hats after the first of the year. Our distributor requires a minimum of 12 hats to place an order. I will post something on the board once we are ready.

Jackie Outten

Karl Laustrup
11-26-2004, 8:37 AM
Thank you Jackie. I'll be looking forward to having the opportunity to obtain a hat. I wouldn't think there would be any trouble with ordering and finding a home for a bunch more hats than 12:D . If different colors are/will be available I'd get more than one.
Karl

Kelly C. Hanna
11-26-2004, 9:25 AM
Could you put our names on a preorder list so we don't miss out? I never get to the forum in time for things like this.

Jackie Outten
11-26-2004, 2:15 PM
Kelly,

I will add your name to the list and let you know when we order again.

Jackie

Kelly C. Hanna
11-26-2004, 2:20 PM
Thanks Jackie!

Karl Laustrup
11-26-2004, 3:50 PM
Jackie, I'd like to be on that list also, PLEASE!!!!!:) :)

Thanks,
Karl

Jackie Outten
11-26-2004, 4:07 PM
Okay Karl,

I'll let you know when we are ready.

Jackie

Tony Falotico
11-26-2004, 6:24 PM
Whatever happened to the coffee cups .......... hope I didn't miss it.

Jackie Outten
11-26-2004, 8:05 PM
Tony,

I have been so busy recently with all the Freedom Pens coming in that I have set that aside. We will probably do the hats and the mugs at the same time after the first of the year.

Jackie

Bob Worrel Jr.
11-26-2004, 9:00 PM
Jackie

Put me in for both please.
Thanks

Tony Falotico
11-26-2004, 9:13 PM
Tony,

I have been so busy recently with all the Freedom Pens coming in that I have set that aside. We will probably do the hats and the mugs at the same time after the first of the year.

Jackie

Sounds like a good plan to me !! Thanks for all you do for SMC.

Tony

Jerry Olexa
11-26-2004, 10:09 PM
You need to add a Boston Red Sox hat to your collection...

Frank Pellow
11-26-2004, 10:33 PM
You need to add a Boston Red Sox hat to your collection...
I don't understand, why would I want to do that? :confused: As far as I know, they have nothing to do with woodworking or am I missing some inside joke? :confused:

Dino Makropoulos
11-26-2004, 10:40 PM
I don't understand, why would I want to do that? :confused: As far as I know, they have nothing to do with woodworking or am I missing some inside joke? :confused:

Do you like to include an EZ-smart hat in your collection? :rolleyes:
Without it..... it may never be complete. :cool:
YCF Dino

Frank Pellow
11-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Do you like to include an EZ-smart hat in your collection? :rolleyes:
Without it..... it may never be complete. :cool:
YCF Dino
Yes thank you Dino. I have used your table and I like it, but I have never even seen any of your other inventions.

Dino Makropoulos
11-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Yes thank you Dino. I have used your table and I like it, but I have never even seen any of your other inventions.

.Frank.
I promise ..You be the first one to have it all. The table and the hat is good for now. And you already have most of the best toys. :)
I' send the hat next week.
Thanks Frank

Jerry Olexa
11-27-2004, 12:49 AM
Sorry Frank. I'm a big RedSox fan and I'm still in happy land because they beat both Yankees and Cardinals and therefore, won the world Series. Excuse my lame humor...

Frank Pellow
11-27-2004, 6:12 AM
Sorry Frank. I'm a big RedSox fan and I'm still in happy land because they beat both Yankees and Cardinals and therefore, won the world Series. Excuse my lame humor...
OK Jerry, now I understand.

Marshall Harrison
11-27-2004, 7:28 PM
Jackie - put me on that list for the SMC hat too. I'll never remember on my own.

Jackie Outten
11-27-2004, 7:53 PM
Okay Marshall. I''ve got you on the list.

Jackie