PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Grizzly tent sale.

Ed Kilburn
06-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Who's going to Grizzly's tent sale June 12th in Springfield, MO?
I'm driving out from PA and meeting up with a non Creeker for the sale, anyone local going?

Rich Johnson
06-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Well im local compaired to you. Out of St Louis here its about a 3+ hour drive thought I would leave early and make the day of it.

Aaron Wingert
06-02-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm going this coming Saturday, one week early, to buy my new cabinet saw. Does that count??? :rolleyes:

Derek Gilmer
06-02-2010, 10:35 PM
I'll be there but not a local. It is around 3 hours from Conway to Springfield.

Darin Higginbotham
06-02-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm going, fortunately only about a hour from grove OK. Should be a good time.

Gregory Stahl
06-03-2010, 10:36 AM
I have always wanted to go, but it is over 500-miles away for me, and if I didn't get a good deal on a G9984 or G9985 sander or a widebelt, I would be disappointed. I have always thought, since I have 3-phase, it might be worth a trip down as some of this stuff may get passed over by others; however, the lack of tent sale gloats the past few years keeps me away.

Good luck!

Greg Stahl

David Helm
06-03-2010, 10:47 AM
I've been to the tent sale in Bellingham. Just a word of advice. Many people arrive a day early and get in line. It might be worth your while to do the same.

Paul Steiner
06-03-2010, 2:18 PM
I am considering going to the one in Muncy PA in September. I live 4 hours away, but I love good deals. But is it worth the drive and time? I would love to hear about creekers experiences at the sale and their deals.

Derek Gilmer
06-03-2010, 2:22 PM
Maybe Shiraz will see this and put together a SMC member VIP preview/get together.Then when we are full of tools we all head to Lambert's to get throw'd rolls and other good food. :)

David Helm
06-03-2010, 2:41 PM
Maybe Shiraz will see this and put together a SMC member VIP preview/get together.Then when we are full of tools we all head to Lambert's to get throw'd rolls and other good food. :)

What are throw'd rolls?

Derek Gilmer
06-03-2010, 4:19 PM
What are throw'd rolls?
At Lamberts the servers throw rolls at tables instead of delivering them by hand it is great fun.
http://www.throwedrolls.com/

Chuck Saunders
06-03-2010, 7:34 PM
I will be there, driving down from KC

Chip Lindley
06-03-2010, 8:56 PM
I have to pass on Grizzly's Tent Sale. I was in Springfield Tuesday to pick up a CL bargain Delta 12" RAS, and on down to Cassville MO, an hour away, to pick up a Delta RC33 planer off CL.

And Din!....my good friend Mel and I made a beeline for Lambert's and enjoyed our Throwed Rolls, huge chicken-fried steak, fried taters and blackeyed peas, far too much!!

Ed Kilburn
06-03-2010, 9:30 PM
Derek, Darin, and Rick, I've sent you a PM with my cell #. I'll be staying at the sale Friday night. Lambert's sounds like fun, but might be a little out of the way, I'm sure we could find a place for a bit after the sale.

Aaron Wingert
06-03-2010, 10:44 PM
At Lamberts the servers throw rolls at tables instead of delivering them by hand it is great fun.

Absolutely the best restaurant on the planet. If I ever win the lottery I'm going to have their chicken fried steak covered in brown gravy flown to me on a weekly basis...At least until the cholesterol kills me.

Shawn Morley
06-04-2010, 12:07 AM

Probably one of the best restaurants you'll find, was all you can eat when I lived in Springfield (11 years ago that is).

Derek Gilmer
06-04-2010, 6:59 AM
Probably one of the best restaurants you'll find, was all you can eat when I lived in Springfield (11 years ago that is).
Still is. Went there last year with some buddies and one of em got a "refill" on his huge steak in addition to getting quite a few pass arounds. Then spent the rest of the night whining about feeling like a boa constrictor :D