PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly and Bing Cash Back

Randy Klein
06-02-2010, 9:05 PM
Can anyone explain how to do the Bing cash back with Grizzly?

From what I gather from various threads:
1. You can call grizzly and ask them to put what you want on ebay as a buy it now.
2. Then you search for that listing through bing cash back page.
3. Purchase it, wait a few months, and get cash into your account.

Is that accurate? Are there any pitfalls to be aware of?

Matt Meiser
06-02-2010, 9:38 PM
Here's how I've done it twice:

1) Send Grizzly a message through one of their other Ebay auctions and ask them to post what I want.
2) Do a bing.com search that gets me an ad with a link for Ebay Cashback. I usually search for "ebay wii" which didn't work when I just tried. I tried "desktop computer" and that worked thought--its at 8%. Click the ad link then do another search on Ebay for the item you want.
3) Buy the item and pay via Payapl.
4) Get instant cashback which I transfer back to my bank account to pay the credit card bill., I don't think the instant part is guaranteed but it is common.
5) Receive the item 2 days later because they are FAST on their shipping!

Michael Heffernan
06-03-2010, 8:22 AM
What Matt said. The bing.com cashback is only from Grizzly's ebay store, so if you want something, call them and ask them to put it on their 'Grizauctions' store. I bought my G0514x2 bandsaw this way (when it was at 14% cashback) and the cash showed up in my PayPal account instantly.
Make sure that the bing cashback symbol is shown next to the item you want to buy in their eBay store. If it's not, you may not get the cash back. I just checked, and even though the bing.com link for eBay shows it, when I clicked through, none of the items showed the cashback symbol. Don't know if this is just a glitch, but I'd make sure before hitting the 'buy it now' button.

scott spencer
06-03-2010, 8:39 AM
I'm pretty sure Grizzly does put some restrictions on what they'll list....likely items that are in stock and in good supply.

Rob Hough
06-03-2010, 9:31 AM
Nice, I've got need for a couple of new tools. Might have to give this a go.

On a side note... I think it is rather amusing that MS has to stoop to bribery to get people using their inferior search engine.

Trace Beard
06-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Here's the email address

ebayteam(AT)grizzly.com (just in case the moderator gods are watching)

Greg Portland
06-03-2010, 2:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Grizzly does put some restrictions on what they'll list....likely items that are in stock and in good supply.Incorrect. The cashback comes from Microsoft, NOT Grizzly. Grizzly will happily list anything on the Ebay site because they are getting a sale for the full $$$ amount of the item. MS / Bing gives -you- the customer the cashback and it's up to you how to apply it.

Shiraz Balolia
06-03-2010, 4:42 PM
We would be happy to list any machine that is in stock at all three locations, which most are.

Sometimes we may have a customer close to PA that may want a machine and we may have one in PA, but as soon as we put up that machine, a guy on the West Coast buys it and we are stuck having to ship the machine across the country if we do not have one in our WA warehouse.

Do make the request and we would be glad to accomodate, if we can.

Randy Klein
06-03-2010, 7:37 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I'll start pulling the triggers on these purchases. One question remains though. If you can't find the cashback purchase on bing, how do you know the percentage being offered?

Chip Lindley
06-03-2010, 7:56 PM
Don't forget PayPal charges a *fee* for the transfer of cash into one's PayPal account. So, for a Big Ticket Grizzly item costing....say....$1400 with an 8% cashback, your $112 cashback is diminished by PayPal's 2.9% fee ($3.25) for amounts up to $3000.

I guess $108.75 is better'n nuttin!

Steve Bigelow
06-03-2010, 8:38 PM
Don't forget PayPal charges a *fee* for the transfer of cash into one's PayPal account. So, for a Big Ticket Grizzly item costing....say....$1400 with an 8% cashback, your $112 cashback is diminished by PayPal's 2.9% fee ($3.25) for amounts up to $3000.

Is this new? I've never, ever had Paypal charge me a fee to transfer money from my savings account to my Paypal account. Maybe this is just for a CC transfer?

Edit:
Nevermind, I see it is the transfer fee into your account from another...

scott spencer
06-03-2010, 8:40 PM

PayPal won't charge you to put the Cashback into your account. I've gotten many Cashback payments in my PP...never a charge for that.

Chip Lindley
06-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Scott, you may well be right. But, I have searched the PayPal site and find no exceptions to fees charged for funds received from any outside source, other than a transfer from ones own bank account. I found no mention of how the Microsoft/Bing rebate is treated by PayPal at the Bing site. Info below comes directly from the PayPal site:

Sending money
It's always free to send money to friends and family when you use your PayPal balance or bank account. Fees apply only if the sender uses a credit or debit card, or if you receive any payment for goods or services

I had to call PayPal and complain to have their fee removed from a refund I received for merchandise that could not be delivered. Perhaps Bing rebaters can do the same?

Dave MacArthur
06-04-2010, 1:40 AM
$3.25 yeah or nay, on a $1400 purchase, is not worth another post... Seriously, I was already embarrassed reading 4 posts. No offense intended, it's easy to get caught up in a "thread argument", I understand, but I'm calling a REALITY CHECK ;)

There's a limit beyond which being thrifty is just no longer "thrifty". I don't calculate the cost of tire wear to drive my tool home from the store, I don't sub-divide my monthly phone bill to account for the calls I made to Grizzly to order the tool, and I don't account for increased eating of snacks cost while I browse SMC to learn how to save $100 using Bing Cash-back.

Although now that I think about it, that is an AWFUL lot of snackage, maybe I DO need to be accounting for that! ;)

William Duffer
06-04-2010, 3:29 AM
Dave it is a lot better than getting 14 different answers for the same question and never really knowing which one is right. There is a lot more embarrassing things that happens on this site. The question was already answered so what difference does it really make if four post got another question answered.

Jesse Wilson
06-04-2010, 12:39 PM
There is no fee from Paypal.... 8% cash back is 8% cash back, end of story.

Jesse

Rob Steffeck
06-04-2010, 2:56 PM
Better act soon because Microsoft is ending Bing Cashback at the end of July.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsoft-pulls-the-plug-on-bing-cashback-program/6440

Randy Klein
06-10-2010, 6:29 PM
We would be happy to list any machine that is in stock at all three locations, which most are.

Sometimes we may have a customer close to PA that may want a machine and we may have one in PA, but as soon as we put up that machine, a guy on the West Coast buys it and we are stuck having to ship the machine across the country if we do not have one in our WA warehouse.

Do make the request and we would be glad to accomodate, if we can.

Shiraz, Thanks for the info. But to whom do I make the request? I sent an email to csr@grizzly.com but haven't heard a response yet. Is that a good email to send this type of request to? Thanks.

Trace Beard
06-10-2010, 6:47 PM
ebayteam@grizzly.com

Will Overton
06-10-2010, 7:18 PM
One suggestion ... hurry up. From Bing.com;

"As of July 30th, 2010 9:00 p.m. PT, we will no longer be offering the cashback program"

Jesse Wilson
06-10-2010, 7:34 PM
Man I hope the new 1023's arrive before the Bing promotion expires. I need to save that extra bread to squeeze it past the wife!

scott vroom
06-10-2010, 7:56 PM
Question for poster Trace Beard:

Just curious why you chose a photo of the shoe bomber for your avatar? I guess it's none of my business, but on the other hand someone posting a picture of a terrorist is begging the question.

Randy Klein
06-10-2010, 8:16 PM
ebayteam@grizzly.com

Awesome, I got a response really fast with that address. thanks.

Tim Reagan
06-10-2010, 9:00 PM
or go to another item they are selling, and "ask the seller a question". They added a 0513p bandsaw for me within 30 min.

thomas prusak
06-10-2010, 9:12 PM
I want to purchase a 6x48/12"disc sander NOT made in China or Taiwan. Can I get some recomendations and can I then buy the sander on ebay and get bing cashback? (if it is not Grizzly brand) Grizzly is made in china correct?

Cary Falk
06-11-2010, 10:38 AM
I want to purchase a 6x48/12"disc sander NOT made in China or Taiwan. Can I get some recomendations and can I then buy the sander on ebay and get bing cashback? (if it is not Grizzly brand) Grizzly is made in china correct?

Most of the stuff in made in Taiwan. I think a few things are made in China. Once you make it to E-bay with the cashback logo you can purchase anything and get the cashback as long it is "buy it now" and you pay with paypal. Good luck finding a belt/disk sander not made in China or Taiwan.

thomas prusak
06-11-2010, 4:44 PM
Conquest brand 6x48"belt sander/12" disc sander is made in USA, thankfully. Is anybody familiar with this brand and have any opinions. Online it looks very well made and has 1.5HP baldor. I would appreciate any help with this.

Jim Moorcroft
06-12-2010, 1:56 PM
Better hurry

Jesse Wilson
07-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I just sent the Ebay team an email. I really want to get the new 1023RLX but of course it wont be here before the end of the program on July 31st. Maybe they can find it in their hearts to set up an auction for a "preorder" for me. I would be fine with paying for the saw now and getting it whenever just to save the 8%.

Here's to hoping.....

Jesse

Jesse Wilson
07-20-2010, 1:27 PM
Waaa, waa. waaaaaaa

" Dear Mr. Wilson,
Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the G1023RLX cannot be listed on eBay at this time. This is due to insufficient stock at our facilities.

Best regards,
The eBay Team
Grizzly Industrial, Inc."

That really stinks...... :(

dirk martin
07-23-2010, 12:15 AM
I just sent them an email, asking them to post a G9983 for me.
My only confusion, is where it was mentioned I then need to do a Bing search, to find an ad pointing to that auction.....

huh? A Bing search, doesn't return ads. It returns website URL's....so how do I do this via Bing?

Kevin Grady
07-23-2010, 1:02 AM
I just sent them an email, asking them to post a G9983 for me.
My only confusion, is where it was mentioned I then need to do a Bing search, to find an ad pointing to that auction.....

huh? A Bing search, doesn't return ads. It returns website URL's....so how do I do this via Bing?

Go to bing and then click the shopping link, click Cash Back Stores. You can find ebay from there.

scott spencer
07-23-2010, 8:12 AM
Waaa, waa. waaaaaaa

" Dear Mr. Wilson,
Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the G1023RLX cannot be listed on eBay at this time. This is due to insufficient stock at our facilities.

Best regards,
The eBay Team
Grizzly Industrial, Inc."

That really stinks...... :(

The Griz Ebay auctions only pertain to in-stock items that are in good supply. I don't think the G1023RLX is even shipping yet.

dirk martin
07-23-2010, 4:18 PM
ok, I just did so, and completed a purchase of the G9983 Wide Belt sander. About 1/2 hr later, $200 was deposted into my PayPal account.
Worked very nicely.

Kevin Gregoire
07-23-2010, 6:35 PM
i am going to be getting a band saw in a week or so when i have a little more cash saved up and then i will give this bing thing a try for the first time. hope i do it right and if i do, looks like it should pay for half of the shipping costs or lift gate service? 8% back only nabs me about $40 i guess? sure would be sweet if the percentage was higher!

Kevin Grady
07-23-2010, 6:56 PM
You better hurry, Bing Cashback ends July 31st

Kevin Gregoire
07-23-2010, 7:15 PM
oh thats just great, thanks for the heads up tho. will have to rob a bank i guess?

Will Overton
07-23-2010, 9:52 PM
You better hurry, Bing Cashback ends July 31st

Or maybe July 30. Double check if you plan to wait until the last day.

http://www.internetretailer.com/2010/06/04/microsoft-brings-end-its-bing-cashback-program

Kevin Gregoire
07-24-2010, 6:16 PM
are they ending the cashback altogether or will they start it up again sometime? sure wish i would have learned how to do it when i built my last computer.

anyway, yes Will im not waiting till the last day, going to order my saw on monday i think as i was able to borrow some money from a family member. i wish i was getting as much money back as Dirk but at least it will pay for the lift gate service i need.

Chip Lindley
07-25-2010, 12:38 AM
From the BING site:

When will Microsoft discontinue the Bing cashback program?

The Bing cashback program will be discontinued to advertisers and consumers on July 30, 2010 at 9:00pm PST.

Why has Microsoft decided to discontinue the Bing cashback program?

The cashback program was one of a number of efforts designed to deliver great value to our consumers and great ROI to advertisers. As we continue to evolve both the user and advertiser experiences for Bing, we will pursue different avenues that we believe will continue to offer great shopping experiences to consumers, great advertising experiences for our advertisers, and still deliver real value back to customers.

All good things must come to an end! HURRY!

Kevin Gregoire
07-26-2010, 3:22 PM
i was going to order my saw today, i went through bing site and then ebay but im wanting lift gate service but i dont see a way of ordering it through ebay?

i tried mailing grizzly customer service to ask about it but havent heard back all day?

glenn bradley
07-26-2010, 3:42 PM
When will Microsoft discontinue the Bing cashback program?

The Bing cashback program will be discontinued to advertisers and consumers on July 30, 2010 at 9:00pm PST.

Why has Microsoft decided to discontinue the Bing cashback program?

The cashback program was developed as a convoluted test of one's ability to ferret out the simplest transaction via the most obnoxious path with the promise of a percentile cash return for the effort. Many humans seem to prefer the simpler route with many claiming that they would gladly pay the cashback amount, twice, if they did NOT have to go through the process.

Microsoft will be studying new ways to annoy you like the soon-to-be-offered Vista Back-Level patch that will change any operating system into an incomplete nightmare. Also currently under involuntary beta release; the free patch Resource-Pig. Bring fat, lazy, sloppy, bloated application performance to your correctly functioning software. Find out what all your freinds are whining about.

All that nonsense being said just for fun, I just used it to save some money off a Grizzly purchase :o. There's a few days left!!!

Jesse Wilson
07-27-2010, 3:43 PM
The Griz Ebay auctions only pertain to in-stock items that are in good supply. I don't think the G1023RLX is even shipping yet.

I am aware of that, hence my email to them asking if I could make a preorder purchase and that I didn't care how long I would have to wait to get it.

Kevin Gregoire
07-28-2010, 4:21 PM
well i got my bandsaw ordered yesterday and got $34 cash put right into my bing account. not sure what needs to be done to get it into my paypal account?
i just cant wait to get my grizzly set up and start using it.