PDA

View Full Version : Fein Turbo Filters + Bags

brian reynolds
06-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Is anyone using the CleanStream filter on a Fein Turbo I vac? I have both the CleanStream HEPA filter and also the Fein filter, not the HEPA version. I noticed that the CleanStream is about an 1" longer in length and 1" wider. I read that the CleanStream is a better filter and more cost effective, but I wonder if the size is an issue on the Turbo I. It seems to fit snug around the filter cage without a screw.

Regarding the vac bags, I have both the Fein version and also some ShopVac 5-8 gallon bags. Again, the ShopVac bags seem a bit taller for the Turbo I, which I assume should be okay. If anything, it might have a bit more capacity. For what I paid for the Fein vac, it's a little disappointing that the filters and bags are so expensive. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Bill ThompsonNM
06-02-2010, 4:03 PM
I'll have to look at what I did to make it fit, but I did install a cleanstream in my féin turbo 1. I'll look tonight if you don't get another answer

brian reynolds
06-03-2010, 8:04 AM
I spoke to CleanStream and they mentioned that the wrong type of filter could affect the performance of the motor, if the fit is not correct. I don't get that impression, since the filter so far, looks like a snug fit, except it's a little bit bigger than the Fein version..

Bill ThompsonNM
06-03-2010, 11:28 AM
I think if anything it improved the performance I'm going to convert my féin turbo II when it's filter gets old. When I mounted it I added a 1 1/2 inch 1/4 inch bolt nut washer and wingnut so I could make sure it clamps down nicely.
Works great!

roman fedyk
06-03-2010, 2:16 PM
Lots of folks use that Cleanstream filter. I have it on all three of my Fein vacs. The newest Turbo 1 and the others are the older Turbo 2's. Work very well and holds on so tight all I had to do was put a piece of tape over the hole on the bottom of the filter. With all the use it has not yet come loose.

I have also tried the Shop Vac bags and they work okay. I also tried the Harbor Freight ones and they work well too. I think they are three for $6.... can't beat that price.

brian reynolds
06-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the replies. After purchasing the Fein filter kit (.1 micron filter, 1 bag, 1 filter cap), it comes out to roughly the same price as buying the 1 CleanStream filter and 3 ShopVac bags . I will probably send back the Fein filter kit. It looks like the CleanStream is a better deal in the long run. Also, I can't see how you can go wrong with a non-Fein vac bags. They all seem to be made from the same type of paper and fit just fine.

Lee Schierer
06-04-2010, 2:29 PM
Okay, what cleanstream bags are you buying and where are you getting them from?

brian reynolds
06-04-2010, 3:25 PM
Okay, what cleanstream bags are you buying and where are you getting them from?

I'm using the CleanStream Hepa filter from Lowes. The bags are ShopVac 5-8 gal, also from Lowes.