PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft Website

Tom LaRussa
11-24-2004, 2:42 PM
Is there a secret incantation one needs to use in order to see Woodcraft's web site?

All I ever get is "server not found." It's driving me nuts.

TIA,

Dave Right
11-24-2004, 2:46 PM
http://www.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/assets/html/homepage.asp?URLCheck=1

Greg Heppeard
11-24-2004, 3:16 PM
www.woodcraft.com works for me here

Byron Trantham
11-24-2004, 5:30 PM
www.woodcraft.com works for me here

Me too... :D

Chris Padilla
11-24-2004, 6:17 PM
Me, three! :D

Randy Meijer
11-24-2004, 8:02 PM
Works 4 me!!

Bob Worrel Jr.
11-24-2004, 8:26 PM
5 in a row here...

Tom LaRussa
11-24-2004, 10:28 PM
5 in a row here...
WAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :(

Roger Myers
11-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Tom,
are you trying to get to it from a previous bookmark, or are you typing in the url? If from a previous bookmark, or if you are going from one site to another, sometimes I've made the mistake or having https: as the url prefix (note the additional letter s that is for secured sites...DAMHIKT probably not your problem, but is has happened to me before. Did you just try to click on the link in Byrons reply? That also just worked for me...only other thing I can think of is your security settings on your browser, or firewall..
Roger

Gary Groves
11-25-2004, 11:25 PM
I actually had a problem with this site. I couldn't reach it from home for anything. Every other site I wanted to visit, no problem. Contacted SMC then road runner finally tried CISCO. When I unplugged my wireless router, I could hit the site. And, once I reconnected, rebooted wireless router poof I could connect. Computers!:confused:

Kirk (KC) Constable
11-26-2004, 12:19 AM
What I've found is that some sites 'need' the www., some don't. Some need the http://, some don't. Some need the whole deal. I don't understand any of it.

I can get to the Woodcraft site, but it's faster for me to go find the catalog, then go find my glasses, etc....

KC

David LaRue
11-26-2004, 8:29 AM
Tom,

Ever think that perhaps you a victum of "parental' block? :p Is software you or perhaps somelse in the family is 'protecting' you from the content (and the $$ from your wallet) of the site? :eek: eee gaaads ....

Seriously check to see if your firewall is blocking the woodcraft IP address.

Tom LaRussa
11-28-2004, 3:31 PM
Tom,

Ever think that perhaps you a victum of "parental' block? :p Is software you or perhaps somelse in the family is 'protecting' you from the content (and the $$ from your wallet) of the site? :eek: eee gaaads ....

Seriously check to see if your firewall is blocking the woodcraft IP address.
I checked my firewall.

Nothing.

I checked all my internet settings --
security = 128 bit,
Diddly Squat!

SSL2.0 = okay, Result: Goose Egg!
SSL3.0 = okay, Result: Naught!
TLS1.0 = okay; Result: Nil!
I cleared my history and temp file folders; Zilch!

I turned off my firewall.

ZIP!

I tried typing in the URL, clicking from here, clicking from a Google search, clicking from favorites.

ZIPPO!

Rebooted after each procedure. .

ZOT!

I checked my LAN settings -- made sure that "Automatically Detect Settings" was checked.

Nada.

Yesterday we had a power surge that cut the power for about a tenth of a second.

Now the thing works fine. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

David LaRue
11-28-2004, 9:13 PM
Try their IP address, avoiding the DNS lookup. Cut and past this in your browser address:

David

David LaRue
11-28-2004, 9:19 PM
If you you have a cable modem you may be having an issue with your DNS servers. The power surge probabbly rebooted the cable modem and it renewed it's connection to the DNS servers. I have mine hard coded. If you have a router it may have an option to 'renew' IP forever. This will typically avoid these types issues in the future.

Glad it worked out.