PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if Santa can bring one of these?

Donnie Raines
11-24-2004, 12:54 PM
I guess I need to start being a good boy.....maybe I will get lucky

http://a1276.g.akamai.net/7/1276/734/aac431ced8160e/www.harley-davidson.com/PR/MOT/2005/images/gallery/g_vrVRSCB_e_dom_c01_s1.jpg

Tyler Howell
11-24-2004, 1:01 PM
Have You been Naughty of Nice???

Rich Konopka
11-24-2004, 1:03 PM
SoSweeeeeet!!!

Now that is a good ole American Ride !!

Jim Becker
11-24-2004, 1:48 PM
Donnie, my friend Russ recently bought one of those...while I'm not into bikes, it's a sweet looking and really interestingly engineered machine. His is Magenta in color. The one thing he's mentioned to the negative is a very small fuel tank...short range due to that...the tank is not in the normal place in front of the seat as the engine takes up all that room!

Donnie Raines
11-24-2004, 1:55 PM
Yeah...I was sitting on one the other night. It feels really good....but it does have a different feel then other bikes. I am in love with the blue....

http://a1276.g.akamai.net/7/1276/734/18fe36bb4f25e0/www.harley-davidson.com/PR/MOT/2005/images/gallery/g_vrVRSCA_e_dom_c09_s1.jpg

Maybe I'll just buy one from OCC....... :cool: :rolleyes: (yeah right..)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-24-2004, 3:17 PM
Donnie.....as Tyler asked have you been naughty or nice?.....all you have to do is write a letter to Santa......you might want to include a check for full payment.....that often betters your chance of recieving it!

Chris Padilla
11-24-2004, 3:36 PM
Donnie,

You'll need to sell A LOT MORE wood to cover that baby! :D

Donnie Raines
11-24-2004, 3:37 PM
See...thats where the problem lies....the writing a check up fron thingy..... :rolleyes:

I have been pretty good..... :cool:

Donnie Raines
11-24-2004, 3:38 PM
Donnie,

You'll need to sell A LOT MORE wood to cover that baby! :D
Thats why I included shipping in my latest post.....for guys like you... :D :cool:

Carl Eyman
11-24-2004, 4:20 PM
Excuse an ignorant question from an non-motorcycle buff. Doesn't the angle of the headset make the steering unstable? Why is it set at that angle?

Norman Hitt
11-24-2004, 4:34 PM
Donnie, don't forget to get out the shop floorplan Mock-up and cut out a footprint of that "Machine" to see if it's Footprint is gonna fit in the allotted space, before sending that letter to Santa. Don't forget to include the extension tables at the front of the machine too.

In your part of the country, I thought this was more of a Summertime Tool?

Good Luck with your letter, & don't forget to make the included check PAYABLE to HARLEY though, or no telling what might show up under the tree.

Cheers.......Norm

PS: My Mom never would let me get a bike, and then My Wife said if I brought one home, she was out the door. Took me 20 years before Her Mom told her to shut up and let me have one if I wanted it. I bought a year old, but Cherry, 1976 Centenial Edition LTD Goldwing the next day, and she added $150,000 to my Life Ins policy the following day, (without me knowing about it, I might add) . Still Kicking my Butt for letting it go a few years back. Just keep on pushing, and maybe your SWMBO will relent one of these days.

JayStPeter
11-24-2004, 5:05 PM
See...thats where the problem lies....the writing a check up fron thingy..... :rolleyes:

I have been pretty good..... :cool:

Yep, if writing the check was easy, I'd have one of these in my garage :D

Jay

Kevin Beck
11-24-2004, 8:08 PM
Donnie,

I just got off the phone with the big guy and it's not looking too good for you having the Harley under the tree. I could use my considerable influence with him (I'm a permanent resident of the naughty list) if you could send some of that
nice wood my way.

Let me know if I can help you out with the man.

Kevin

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-24-2004, 8:38 PM
OK Donnie.........When you get it home, WHAT Veneer are you going to use? It wouldn't be right for an acomplished woodworker to ride it without some great wood trim!

Bruce

Donnie Raines
11-25-2004, 5:23 PM
Wellllllll...here's the deal: My wife says I can have the bike if they(the dealer) will give it to me based on my looks. Then she quickly followed up with a "that aint happen' ".....and I knew my dreams were crushed. Poor me....maybe one of these days. :rolleyes:

Ken Garlock
11-25-2004, 7:28 PM
All the gentlemen I know ride Honda Gold Wings. :cool:

John Miliunas
11-25-2004, 9:35 PM
Man, that thing looks like it's moving even when parked! :D Sooooo sweet! And Ken, I know a LOT of gentlemen who ride HD's. Remember, a whole bunch of gentlemen were riding the big HD's long, LONG before the Wing! :) Either is a nice bike. Used to have a GW many moons ago, but still right next to Donnie wishin' for the Hog! :) :cool:

Fred Chan
11-26-2004, 9:28 PM
No wonder the wife won't let you have one.:p She probably took one look at the seat and figured it wouldn't be too comfortable for her. Maybe she'll change her mind if you tell her she can drive.:eek: (...what am I thinking?...never mind).:) I had one of the original 75 GWs. Wife and I loved it, she used to fall asleep riding on the back seat all the time. After going bikeless for a while she got me a Honda 750 Intercepter for my birthday.:D Bike was fast but not as much fun because LOML didn't like riding with me on the small seat.:(

John Miliunas
11-26-2004, 10:55 PM
I had one of the original 75 GWs. Wife and I loved it, she used to fall asleep riding on the back seat all the time. After going bikeless for a while she got me a Honda 750 Intercepter for my birthday.:D Bike was fast but not as much fun because LOML didn't like riding with me on the small seat.:(

Small world; That was the same year as mine! Man, what a lead-sled! The guy I bought it from had it decked out with Vetter gear and custom black w/gold pinstriping and scroll work. Not a bad machine, except the starter went out on it once. Way back then (80's), it was close to $300.00!!! My mechanical whiz buddy tore it apart and found all it needed was new bushings pressed in. Needless to say, NOT available from Honda, so he turned his own, put it together and gave it back to me as a B-day gift! :)

Don't think LOML would consider getting me anything which even resembles a scooter for my B-day! :( :cool:

Fred Chan
11-27-2004, 2:27 PM
Geez John, I must have bought mine from his twin brother!:rolleyes: It was also black and gold and loaded with Vetter stuff. The wife loved the aftermarket cushy seat I had on it. The only problem I had with mine was the small alternator they used to put on bikes. The temperature gauge would read overheat when too many lights were added. Wow this brings back memories! You haven't lived till you experience speed wobble riding two up on a full dressed Wing going more than 100 mph.:eek:

John Miliunas
11-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Geez John, I must have bought mine from his twin brother!:rolleyes: It was also black and gold and loaded with Vetter stuff. The wife loved the aftermarket cushy seat I had on it. The only problem I had with mine was the small alternator they used to put on bikes. The temperature gauge would read overheat when too many lights were added. Wow this brings back memories! You haven't lived till you experience speed wobble riding two up on a full dressed Wing going more than 100 mph.:eek:

Yup, mine had a BIG, cushy, twin bucket seat, as well! Never did the 100mph two-up on it, though! :eek: The bike I had before that was a 750F, SS with some mods on it. Buddy of mine and I were playing "cat & mouse" down one of the backroads on the way back from Milwaukee one day. Beautiful straight stretch of road, doing just a couple ticks over 120. Forgot about this teeny, tiny creek with this teeny, tiny bridge! :eek: Went airborne at 120+ and figured they'd find pieces of me over a couple counties! Came down quite nicely, though. :) *Immediately* slowed down to an easy 70 or thereabouts, so my heart could migrate back down out of my throat! :rolleyes: Didn't need to change underwear, though! :D :cool: