PDA

View Full Version : Used Machine

Ray Rouleau
06-01-2010, 6:30 PM
Just Curious,
Would a 35 watt Epilog Helix purchased in 2006 with all the accesories for $11,000.00 be a far price to pay?

Gary Hair
06-01-2010, 6:43 PM
I wouldn't pay that much for a 5 year old machine even if it were in "perfect" condition (unused). A laser tube can go out at any time or it can last for many years. For that much money I wouldn't gamble on the tube lasting for any length of time. If, and only if, it came with a brand-new tube would I consider it for that price.

Just my .02

Gary

Scott Shepherd
06-01-2010, 7:07 PM
I'm with Gary on this one, sounds way high to me.

laura passek
06-01-2010, 7:47 PM
This looks like it is in Canadian Dollars.
What Extras come with it.
Rotary attachment is $1,800 - $2,000 or more new.
Photograv $500.00
CorelDrawX4 $350.00 - $400.00

My 2009 Epilog Mini 24 50 watt with extras and tax was $21.000+ CAD
Bare Machine would be around $16,000 - $18,000 New.
Not sure what a 35 watt is worth.

Not to say it's a great deal but I think worth looking at, ask if the tube has been replaced lately, how much use has it seen, what has it been engraving or cutting mostly. Some materials are harsh on the internal componants
Call Engravers Express (Epilog Dealer in Canada) or go to their website and ask how much a new tube is worth, maybe even ask if you can put a bigger tube in.
My 2 c
John

Dan Hintz
06-01-2010, 7:58 PM
My 2009 Epilog Mini 24 50 watt with extras and tax was $21.000+ CAD
Bare Machine would be around $16,000 - $18,000 New.
Not sure what a 35 watt is worth.
If a 50W bare machine was C$18k, I imagine the 35W version was in the C$15k-C$16k range new, give or take. I would consider about half of that a decent price for a 5 year old machine in great condition.

Bruce Clumpner
06-01-2010, 9:18 PM
I picked up my 2004 mini-18 35watt last year with exhaust fan, electrocorp filter, photograv and some excess granite and glass plates for $6K US. Even with the conversion, your price is probably too much. Try working them down, use us as your comps....

Good luck

AL Ursich
06-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Did you already buy it? I see it in your Signature? Or are you looking for what to sell it for?

If you are looking to buy....

Remember it has come from a business and has had the Tax Depreciation for 5 or 7 years already so the value to the business is almost nothing.... Anything they get out if it is a bonus... It's all about the tube.....

I have a 20 watt and a 30 watt Very Very Very old Epilog Units. Every project done is a miracle to me.... I am starting a few big Anodized Projects soon and worry.... Lucky for me I met a neighbor this weekend with a 60 watt Epilog and if I am in a Jam He offered to help me.... My little insurance policy...

But the price looks too high to me too.... Ask for the Serial Number and call Epilog and ask them the Tube status... It may have been changed 6 months ago....

Call some of the used Laser Dealers and ask them the value of the unit and what they would sell a similar unit for.... You might find they have a deal for you.

I bought my BOAT ANCHOR, so I have earned my wings in STUPID eBay Laser Purchases.... Bought a very OLD ALT 25 watt laser 8 years ago BROKEN thinking I could fix it... Needed a new laser tube.... Never got it running.... But I learned much from it along the way... I am a Electronic Tech and got Blinded by Laser Feaver..... :eek: By day at the time I was changing 2 inch square Emotion Control Chips on Play Station 2 main boards, 2 or 3 a day working at the Sony Service Center. I felt like I could FIX ANYTHING...... In reality... I could fix "Almost" Everything.... My EGO wrote checks my BUTT Couldn't Cash.....

James Stokes
06-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Epilog will not give you any information on the machine or the tube. To them any machine info is propritary.