PDA

View Full Version : SMC Art Challenge 2010 - Rules & Entries

charlie knighton
06-01-2010, 10:03 AM
SMC Art Challenge 2010 - Rules & Entries

is it ok to have collaborative piece??????? :confused:

Roland Martin
06-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Hmmmm, never considered that! The challenge was concieved as an individual thought-provoking challenge, and doesn't seem to be in tune with what it was meant to acheive. That's my thought, but let's see what the smarter-than -I moderator, Steve S. has to say.

Steve Schlumpf
06-01-2010, 12:22 PM
the smarter-than -I moderator, Steve S.

Now that's funny!

Let me talk it over with John and Ken and see what we come up with.

Frank Van Atta
06-01-2010, 12:30 PM
My 2¢ worth would be . . . why not?

Steve Schlumpf
06-01-2010, 2:25 PM
The original concept of the challenge was to showcase each individual's effort and ideas. A collaborative effort seems inconsistent with that concept and possibly unfair to those folks whose creations are completely their own.

However, this is not a competition. The more participation we get, the better. For the 2010 challenge, collaborative efforts will be permitted. However, in the interest of fairness, participants that choose to enter a collaborative effort, will not be permitted an additional, individual entry.

For future challenges, we will need to address this again, and state specifically in the rules whether anything other than individual entries are to be permitted.

Roland Martin
06-01-2010, 4:40 PM
Thank you, Steve, John & Ken very much for addressing this. Sounds fair to me:).

charlie knighton
06-01-2010, 4:41 PM
thanks for the consideration, both pro and con :D

Roland Martin
06-01-2010, 5:52 PM
thanks for the consideration, both pro and con :D

Hey Charlie, that was a very weak con:D:confused::eek:! Didn't know what to do, so had the "smarter than I" people decide:D, problem is, I replied before:mad:

I honestly am looking forward to as many people joining this challenge as possible and eager to see your submission;)

charlie knighton
06-01-2010, 9:00 PM
Roland, i appeciate your opinion, it will be further evaulated in future postings