PDA

View Full Version : I'm Engaged!!!

Dave Gaul
06-01-2010, 9:55 AM
I have been with my girlfriend, Carol since December 6, 2007. This weekend we went to Hatteras Island, NC to visit my family. Saturday evening, her and I took a ride to the sound side to watch the sun set on the Pamlico Sound. Just before the sun set, I dropped a "message in a bottle" near the water where she would see it. After a few minutes, she found the bottle, pulled out the cork and read the letter that was inside (which contained a bunch of mushy stuff I had written on it!).. after she was done reading the note, I got on bended knee and pulled out the ring and popped the question, and she said yes!

Tentative dates are March 12th or 19th 2011.

BTW... this is considered a gloat, she is an awesome woman and supports my tool/ww'ing addiction, and has given me many tools including a DeWalt biscuit joiner, a belt sander, a router fixed & plunge combo, and a Ridgid R4511 table saw..... Keeper? I THINK SO!!!!

Matt Meiser
06-01-2010, 10:09 AM
When I saw you posted in the classifieds I was wondering if she was making you sell all your tools. :D

Congratulations!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Congratulations Dave!

I'll move it! I surely wouldn't put her up for sale though it sounds like she wouldn't last long in a woodworkers market!:rolleyes::D

Belinda Barfield
06-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Congratulations Dave! May your life with your wife be long and joyful, and include lots of new tools and WW equipment! Keepers sure seem hard to find these days . . . lucky you! :)

Phyllis Meyer
06-01-2010, 3:32 PM
Dave,

Sounds like you have a keeper, and...your wonderful proposal (us women love that mush) sounds like she's got one too! My husband and I are celebrating 29 years this year so we believe in marriage!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Steve Schlumpf
06-01-2010, 3:41 PM
Congratulations Dave!

Victor Robinson
06-01-2010, 4:08 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy this time before the wedding planning kicks in...

Ron Jones near Indy
06-01-2010, 5:19 PM
Congrats to both of you.

Bruce Volden
06-01-2010, 5:26 PM
Dave,

Congrats!! Your bride to be gave you tools!!!! My girlfriend (at the time) went fishing with me and hollered at me for throwing back bullheads!!! Well I let her keep some of the larger ones and SHE cleaned them, SHE cooked them WE ate them!! And yes, she did bait her own hook as well as removed the fish---------had to keep her, now 25 yrs+ married :p

Bruce

John Schreiber
06-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Congratulations!

Getting married was the best decision I ever made (24 years ago). May it be the same for you.

Leigh Costello
06-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Congratulations, Dave! Now that you have set the bar so high with your message in a bottle proposal, anniversaries will have to be spectacular! Enjoy the engagement and the joy of marriage that is sure to follow.

Mike Cruz
06-02-2010, 6:07 AM
What? You BOUGHT rings? You didn't MAKE them out of wood? C'mon man, THAT would have been romantic! Of course, they probably wouldn't last that long... would crack eventually... would give you splinters on adjacent fingers... On second thought, you did the right thing. AND the right way. She'll remember it forever. It isn't a free pass or anything...but she'll treasure it. Congrats.

Michael MacDonald
06-02-2010, 8:16 AM
congratulations... message in a bottle a good idea--I bet she liked that.

Dave Gaul
06-02-2010, 8:32 AM
Thanks to all!! Love the tells of long marriages!! This isn't my first marriage, but it is my last for sure.
She absolutely loved the message in a bottle idea... She is always claiming I don't have a romantic bone in my body, but this time I proved her wrong!!!

Not only are we getting married, but we each have two children of our own, so we are going to include them in the ceremony as a joining of all... My daughter's are 15 and 13, her daughter is 13 and her son is 6... One big crazy family!!

Rob Cunningham
06-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Congratulations Dave. Nice job with the message in a bottle. Great idea.

Leigh Costello
06-03-2010, 12:33 AM
What a wonderful way to celebrate your marriage!