PDA

View Full Version : It is a shame.

John Shuk
06-01-2010, 8:57 AM
It would be nice to have threads stick around awhile. People need to play by the rules here. Be civil and respectful. Give the mods a break. I find the folks here engaging and intelligent. I'd would love to have a conversation without the thread getting pulled because folks can't lighten up a bit.
Why give the mods something to edit on a holiday...Or any day without good reason.

Keith Outten
06-01-2010, 1:01 PM
John,

We are attempting to reduce the number of threads removed here by implementing vBulletin's built-in infraction system. Rather than having to remove threads our Moderators will be issuing infractions to those who cannot abide by the number one rule here, thou shalt be friendly. When a Member of our Community builds up a certain number of infractions their priviliges will be revoked and possibly their IP Address banned.

If a thread gets totally out of hand it will be moved to the Moderators Forum where our Staff will review each post and then make decisions concerning what needs to be done. If possible the thread will be returned to public view once it meets our Community standards.

Once again I will ask everyone to please help us keep SawMill Creek a friendly place for all of you to enjoy by reporting violations of our Terms of Service to any Staff member.

Gene Howe
06-01-2010, 1:36 PM
Geeze. I don't peruse each and every thread, but I've never seen one that caused my ire to rise.

I try to play nice and I don't run with scissors.....in fact, I don't even run anymore.:D

John Shuk
06-01-2010, 9:03 PM
Please understand, I am not complaining about the moderation. I think more folks need to think twice before they hit the POST key. lord knows I've used the backspace key many times on the Creek.
I want the Creek to keep on flowing.