PDA

View Full Version : Pat Monahan - HELP !!!!

Howard Rosenberg
11-24-2004, 8:28 AM
Hi Pat -
Thanks for your reply.

If I understood your advice correctly, am I to use an imaginary line beyond the edge of the plywood base? Perhaps onto the bench and line up the fence underneath the plywood?

If so.... what?

Sounded great but my arithmetic-addled brain sure don't get it!

If you wouldn't mind clarifying further, I'd sure appreciate your help.

Thank you.
Howard

Pat Monahan
11-26-2004, 1:44 AM
Hi Howard
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but couldn't get into SMC last night.
I apologize if I wasn't clear enough with words - one of these times when a picture is worth a thousand words! :D What I was suggesting was to lay your 48" fence on your workbench perpendicular to the front edge of your bench, and leave the end overhanging the edge if the bench where the two fences will be joined. Clamp the end that is overhanging the bench where the two fences will join, and leave the other end unclamped - you may have to move it to square the jig. Now, square the fence with the front edge of the workbench. Measure three feet from the point where the fence meets the edge of the workbench along the edge of the workbench and make a mark. Measure four feet from where the fence meets the front edge of the workbench along the fence andmake a mark. The distance from this mark to the one made before is five feet when the fence is square to the front edge of the workbench. If it is not square, move the end of the fence that was not clamped until it is five feet. Clamp the free end of the fence down, and hold the second fence flush with the front edge of the bench, underneath the first fence which you left overhanging the edge of the bench. Attach the two together. Is this a little clearer? Happy to help, Howard. If I've still managed to confuse you, just yell. Heck, stick your head outside and yell loud enough, I might just hear it!:D :D
Pat