PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild of fire damaged Epilog 36 100w laser

Graham Symns
05-31-2010, 5:41 PM
I recently bought the above laser and am having trouble getting parts.
The fire damaged mostly the belts and plastic parts of the X-beam.
The inspection process for the insurance company led to some dis-mantling of the X-beam and loss of the parts I am seeking.
The appearance of the machine on first viewing was pretty awe inspiring but a cleaning process has revealed an un-damaged X-beam so that was encouraging.
In particular I am looking for the bracket that allows the attachment of the left hand end of the X-beam to the toothed belt and the bearing sytem.

The vital details are as follows:

Model Number.............6000/100 Laser Engraver

Serial Number.............6100-01072032.

Date of Manufacture....June 2001

If any forum members who own or know of the above machine to contact me.. pictures would be a very useful aid to re-engineer that part or maybe if a part is on hand from a trashed machine to give me a price for it.

My current attempts to get some progress seem to be limited to an e-mail once a fortnight which I think is pretty frustrating.

Dan Hintz
05-31-2010, 6:56 PM
I would have thought Epilog would be the best way to get parts quickly (and the correct part, to boot)...

Graham Symns
05-31-2010, 7:19 PM
Hi Dan,

I appreciate your reply but the nub of the problem is that it is an older machine ,and to be frank about it, the speed of liasion between New Zealand via their agent is glacial to say the least.

So I'm trying to widen my net of information collection.

So if there are forum subscribers who are able to offer some help in picture form or hardware it would be much appreciated.

Regards Graham

John Noell
06-01-2010, 3:42 AM
Have you called Epilog tech support directly? They tend to be very helpful. Even if it is old and out of warranty they offer free support. (I'm far away as well, so I use Skype and it is quite inexpensive. The time difference is a bit of a hassle of course.)

Graham Symns
06-01-2010, 5:00 PM
Hello Noel,
Nice of you to call so to speak.
To answer your question I have contacted Epilog direct and got referred back to our NZ agent which I suppose was fair enough.
However as mentioned time is passing with little effect even after my last picture taking.
So come on guy's keep those cards and letters rolling in to paraphrase Dean Martin.

Regards Graham

Joe Pelonio
06-01-2010, 6:05 PM
I do know a guy that has one of those machines, with dual heads, and he replaced the x-assembly about 4-5 years ago. Epilog sent it to him and walked him through the installation, but then he's here in the U.S. and I don't know if they still stock those parts.

Dan Hintz
06-01-2010, 7:13 PM
Graham,

I would try Epilog one more time. Make sure they understand your local rep is not being responsive, as company image is something they are concerned about. Be prepared with pics of everything you need in one shot, as well as part numbers if you have them. Let them know you'll make it as easy on them as possible by having done your homework beforehand.

Graham Symns
06-01-2010, 7:32 PM
Hi Dan,
I agree with your remarks and I must say that it seems to me also that Epilog are concerned with their reputation.
I sent an e-mail to the local agent last night ..am still waiting for a reply.
I'll wait for that reply and let him know what I want to do to get some action.

Hi Joe,
Thanks for your reply and I am sure that Epilog will be very helpful.
My problem is that I hate grizzling about people so I thought that I would get gently around the bottle neck.

Hello John Noell,
Sorry about referring to you by your surname .....I read your reply first thing this morning so I guess the brain was not quite in gear.

I hope that I am not breaking a forum rule by addressing this set of replies in one post.

James Stokes
06-02-2010, 10:17 AM
you can call Epilog and get a manuel for the machine. It will have pictures and parts in it.

I have a 100 watt Epilog legend, it should be about the same as yours. I can take pictures of it if it will help. Send me an IM with your e-mail and what you need pictures of. I do not read The board everyday any more. I have some medical problems that consume much of my time any more. They also have me on so many meds it is hard to function right and stay awake. But I will try to check it a couple times a day for the next few days.

John Noell
06-02-2010, 2:46 PM
No worries about names, Graham! (I answer to most anything.) And I'd suggest you try to talk direct to Dan (boss) at Epilog support and make it very clear that the local agent is letting you down. Epilog support prides itself on quick response and the time they let me down a bit I got quite the apology.

Graham Symns
06-02-2010, 4:35 PM
James,

Sorry to hear that the meds you're on knock you about so much.

I made a resolution yesterday about the sloooooow agent which means that I am going to approach Dan @ Epilog direct to see if he will help me out as suggested by John in his post which arrived after yours.

So James, thanks for offerring but you take it easy and look after yourself.

Regards Graham

Graham Symns
06-04-2010, 6:55 PM
Hello All,

I took your collective advice and having given the Epilog NZ agent a final chance I contacted Dan.

I attached, as suggested, the best pictures I could take (could not find my tripod).

The following day I received all the information I needed with the impressive presentation complete with boxed arrows enclosing part number,description and price.

So thanks to all of you who took the trouble to respond to my situation.

If there is any interest I will post my progress to help anybody who may find themselves in the same situation.

Regards Graham