PDA

View Full Version : Tool gloat ~ Sort of

Jim Stastny
04-03-2003, 3:31 PM
I have to tell someone who would appreciate these things about my incredible, amazing older brother. He's a tool and die maker and sometimes he will put together a box of "stuff" he thinks would be useful for my WW hobby. Yesterday I received a box in the mail. In it I found two clear plexiglass bases for my routers. Three different shaprpening stones. (I need to examine them a bit closer to determine grit). Four small rectangular pieces of metal to make as scrapers, and a file. He also made a new blade for my sliding bevel square. The edges are straight and parallet to 0.001".

In the past he made me a set of block gauges 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", etc up to 1/2" all straight and parallel to 0.0002" :eek:

He has also supplied me with "scrap" pieces of lexan, from which I've produced router jigs (circle cutting and mortising). A dial guage, micrometer, and a few other measuring tools.

To think that 40 years ago his "hobby" was turning me black and blue:p

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
04-03-2003, 3:40 PM
a pretty good brother to have! Congrats. Is he looking to adopt any more siblings? Tell him to keep up the good work. I keep trying to convince my brothers it's better to give than to receive.