PDA

View Full Version : Added a little more router bit storage.....

Bill Huber
05-31-2010, 1:50 PM
When I made my router table stand I set it up so I would have enough space under it for a shop vac. I don't have a big DC and I don't think with the space I have I will ever get one.

So I put 2 drawers on the side for bits, that worked for awhile but then I had to add a rack on the wall. That worked for awhile and then I had to keep some of the bits in a drawer under the bench.

I checked and I had just enough space between the shop vac and the bottom of the table to add a draw.

The drawer is 22 x 22 and I think now I will have enough space for all my bits in one place, well until next week.:D

I used the foam blocks to hole the bits, I tested some different ways of doing it but the foam blocks came out as the best over all. It sure is nice to have all the bits in one place and out of the way.

152020 152019

Dave MacArthur
05-31-2010, 3:10 PM
THAT is a great looking router table, nice storage!

Phil Thien
05-31-2010, 3:21 PM
Nice job! I like the look of your design there.

glenn bradley
05-31-2010, 3:49 PM
Great job Bill. Those little guys seem to multiply but I soon realized that they actually divide . . . my money from my wallet :D. Like you I built way more bit storage than I could ever need . . . added more :).

Van Huskey
05-31-2010, 5:44 PM
Very nice job, I like the simplicity but usefullness.

I always envisioned a router bit storage area with sample profile for each bit beside it. I figured visually it would help me pick from all the similar profiles and be able to take the small piece of profile to something I was working on to help me visualize the outcome. Alas now that my collection has climbed well over 100, I don't see myself ever doing it. At some point at least need to make me a written key so I can reference the Freud and Whiteside catalogs.

Will Overton
05-31-2010, 8:05 PM
There's only one comment that came to mind when I saw the picture;

FILL'ER UP

Then I also thought, nice work.

Jim O'Dell
05-31-2010, 9:33 PM
Looks really nice Bill! I have 2 drawers in my RT. So far, I've got the first one about half full. I have 3 more in my Infinity cart right now...but they will have to wait. :rolleyes: Jim