PDA

View Full Version : Freebie

Carole Valentine
11-23-2004, 5:41 PM
This was given to me today...Omnijig16. Wonder if I will ever learn to use it?:confused: Don't particularly like machined dovetails, but I suppose if I had a whole bunch to do, it might work. The thing is rather intimidating to look at, though.

http://www.esva.net/%7Epchousecalls/omnijig_opt.jpg

Brian Hale
11-23-2004, 6:14 PM
COOL!! :cool:

Try it out and you may decide you like it!

Brian:)

BTW, got any friends giving away a DP or a BS?? :rolleyes:

Norman Hitt
11-23-2004, 6:27 PM
Carole, hurry up and try it so you'll know you don't like it, 'n you can put it in a box and send it on over to me, so it won't get in the way in your shop. (They are great for making drawers).

Cheers and "Saw Safe"..........Norm

Michael Stafford
11-23-2004, 7:38 PM
Since you have already placed in on the trash can just send it to me. I'm closer than Norm...

John Weber
11-23-2004, 7:56 PM
Sweet, It looks like it has both the adjustable dovetail template and standard template. That is a fairly high dollar tool. I went back and forth between the heavy duty solid build of the PC and the Leigh. I ended up with the Leigh, but if I did any number of production type runs, the PC is the way to go. I don't have any problem with machine cut dovetails, and I can cut my own. I just don't do enough to keep my skills sharp. The PC is a great tool that can help complete many projects. I think PC has a video as well.

Congrats - John

Marshall Harrison
11-23-2004, 8:08 PM
Great Carole!

Why doesn't anyone ever give me anything? Maybe I should put a sign around my neck stating "Will accept woodworking gifts"

Tyler Howell
11-23-2004, 9:03 PM
Great Price!

Congrats:cool:

Wes Newman
11-24-2004, 8:33 AM
Carole, You could always send it to me. My wife always said I was a charity case.;) It might even be tax deductible.

Mark J Bachler
11-24-2004, 8:37 AM
PM me yor address & I'll send ya a copy of the users VHS tape that comes with it, if you'd like one. You can also copy the owners manual off the Porter Cable site.

Dan Gill
11-24-2004, 8:52 AM
Why don't these things ever happen to me? Oh, wait, I'm getting a free jointer this weekend!

Is that a gloat?

Carole Valentine
11-24-2004, 9:05 AM
A free jointer? I would definitely say that's a gloat! Details?:)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-24-2004, 9:13 AM
With all these people volunteering to take it out of your trash bin.....you'll have to have a drawing.....Please put my name in the hat too!.....I have a PC but it's not adjustable like that one. Congrats ....try it......if you have a lot of dovetails to make for drawers the jig works well!

Pete Rosenbohm
11-24-2004, 10:34 AM
Carole send it to me i'll even pay the shipping:D :D :D

John Miliunas
11-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Carole, now that's a MEGA-gloat! :D A very experienced pro WW friend of mine wouldn't be without his! He loves it and I'll bet you will too! Congrats! :) :cool:

Dan Gill
11-24-2004, 1:08 PM
A free jointer? I would definitely say that's a gloat! Details?:)

I probably should wait until I get it home and take a picture, but I couldn't resist after your post, especially since I've been lookng at gettting a dovetail jig. The jointer is a Craftsman - a 6-inch, I believe, that my father-in-law doesn't use at all. The last time he used it, he fed it a fingernail and a bit of the finger. It will really be on loan, but since it will be at my house, 350 miles from his, it might as well be mine. I don't know the model or age, but any jointer is better than no jointer.

Bob Aquino
11-24-2004, 1:14 PM
I have that jig, spent good money for it too. Only have the half blind template. Its a good tool, takes some setup but once it is there it works well. I have the video which does help take some of the mystery out of it.

Jim Stastny
11-24-2004, 3:17 PM
Carole,

I can't believe all these others trying to weasel you out of the OMNIJIG. I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll double, NO TRIPLE what you paid for it. :D :rolleyes: