PDA

View Full Version : Turnings Calendar

Jerry Marcantel
05-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Hey everybody, I've been a member here at SMC since January, and what I see you guys making really blows me away... There are way too many pieces that could be considered art that is seen only by members of SMC, your family members, friends and of course clients that purchase your work...
Now, my biggest passion is flintknapping, and from 1969 up until about '87, I thought I was the only guy knapping in the US. I then discovered there were a few of us around the country, but it wasn't until about 1995 that I heard there was a bunch of us.... In 2001 I got a computer and then found there were a whole lot more than I previously thought, and they were producing beautiful pieces considered art by many modern point collectors.
I became friends with a particular knapper who has a design business, and part of his business is producing a yearly calendar with some of the most colorful stone and glass produced by the best knappers in the world.. It almost parrallels what you guys and gals are doing with wood and a lathe...
I'm asking you if you would be interested in seeing your work displayed in a calendar. If there is enough interest, I'll contact him and see if he would be interested in doing this .... You can see his calendars by going to www.mcLeandesign.com (http://www.mcLeandesign.com), and imagine a turned item in place of the points..... Let me know what you think.......Jerry (in Tucson)