PDA

View Full Version : How's your turkey?

Mark Singer
11-23-2004, 1:44 PM
Just wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving! I was thinking to try to pick up some wood on Wed and use the long weekend to make something! I know I must design it first!:eek:

larry merlau
11-23-2004, 1:52 PM
and as for mr singer// i think that some wenge along with some purple heart and some red aromatic cedar and maybe some black walnut would be just right for the new turkey desing he is after colors should fall into the same perspective. you were gonna make a turkey display for yur better half right :D

Karl Laustrup
11-23-2004, 1:53 PM
Thank you Mark and back at you. Was just thinking of starting a new thread for just this purpose. Of course I've never started a new thread so I don't even know how to start one.
Anyway hope SMC'ers Thanksgiving is the best one yet. Please say a prayer for the men and women in the Armed Forces. I was one of them almost 40 years ago. I'm thankful to have my kids and grandkids coming for the day. It's hectic, frustrating, but most of all wonderful.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
11-23-2004, 3:06 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! This week......I passed my framing inspection and the gas piping inspection. I'm clear to cover after getting an insulation inspection. First....the insulation. I repeat the above......Keep our Armed Forces in our thoughts and prayers! Because of them and those before them...we are free to celebrate Thanksgiving!

Ed Falis
11-23-2004, 3:43 PM
Yep! Best Thanksgiving to all of you!

- Ed

Dan Mages
11-23-2004, 5:46 PM
So who wants to pluck the turkey?

What dressing is the best to stuff in a turkey? Ranch? French? Honey dijon?

hehe

Happy thanks giving everyone.

Dan

Rich Konopka
11-24-2004, 7:53 AM
Thanks Mark !! I don't know about the rest of you but things are hectic and it is a welcome relief having the next 4 days off. LOML and I celebrate 15 years today and are looking forward to a nice dinner to start off the weekend.

Best Wishes and make Plenty of Sawdust

John Miliunas
11-24-2004, 7:58 AM
Thanks Mark !! I don't know about the rest of you but things are hectic and it is a welcome relief having the next 4 days off. LOML and I celebrate 15 years today and are looking forward to a nice dinner to start off the weekend.

Best Wishes and make Plenty of Sawdust

Hey Rich, a BIG CONGRATS to you and your bride on 15 years! May you have many more sets of 15! :)

Mark, thank you for the greeting and the same back at you, as well as the rest of this great family we call SMC! :) :cool:

Tyler Howell
11-24-2004, 8:23 AM
Go Turkey,

Big doings with the family and Dr. Daughter is coming home:D :D .
The Baby is out running around on the right coast some place.
Happy Holiday to you and yours.

Mark J Bachler
11-24-2004, 9:01 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Be safe out there.

Bob Hovde
11-24-2004, 9:06 AM
All Y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! LOML and I are heading up to Boston to visit our "baby" daughter - who has been complaining that nobody visits her anymore since her sister (and the grandkids) moved to Colorado!

If you have a chance, lend some support to the families of the deployed troops. It's not easy to have a happy holiday without Dad (or Mom).

Bob

Donnie Raines
11-24-2004, 9:53 AM
Started a little cooking last night. Got rolling on the stuffing and the pies....the turkey is prepped and ready for the big show first thing thursday morning.....got a 30 pounder this year. We like to take all the extra meat and make turkey salad from it!!!...umm good!. Makes great eats when watching the tube over the long weekend. Trying a new deal I was 'learned" from Emeril(spelling). Take some sliced pears, brown sugar, nutmeg and some vanilia extract. Throw em' in a pan and fry them up.....all of the stuff carmel-izes(spelling) and then you throw it is a baking pan. Then you scoop in all this batter you make(got the direction at home) and then bake it....looks kinda like an upsidedown pineapple cake.....only pears and carmel...... :cool:

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving!!...I will have my B-N-law home from Iraq(I still have one over there)....it gonna be great!

Kevin Arceneaux
11-24-2004, 10:15 AM
We go out. Turkey is not a fav around our house and since my F-I-L passed away, we only do a quick visit to the house. We go to Don's Seafood here in Lafayette. Afterwards, it is back to the shop/shed and try to finish the window box/hope chest, I really want to get it done.

Have a Happy & Safe Thanksgiving.

Ray Dockrey
11-24-2004, 11:42 AM
I also would like to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. To all those who are traveling I hope you have a safe trip. God Bless.

Jim Becker
11-24-2004, 12:28 PM
'Just Dr. SWMBO and I for the holiday with a few nice Emeril recepies, so there should be plenty of shop time in store! :D

Jerry Olexa
11-24-2004, 1:26 PM
Donnie, we, like you started the cooking yesterday. We have the whole gang (family) coming here so we bought 2 turkeys. We cooked the first yesterday so we could do the gravy w/o rushing on the big day as well as 2-3 pies. I'll be baking french bread Thur AM. Looking forward. We all have much to be THANKFUL for... Have a Great day!:)

Dan Gill
11-24-2004, 1:31 PM
We'll be going to Plainview, TX (actually to the tiny burg of Halfway, TX) this afternoon. And we'll be driving my big van right into the teeth of a 20 - 30 MPH headwind. Except when it's a nasty crosswind. I'll be worn out when we get there. The upside is we'll be coming home with a jointer. The downside is my father-in-law has a shop, but I really can't take my projects out there and work on them over the long weekend.

Back on Saturday, then Sunday afternoon I get to help build the stage at church for our Christmas show. I hope lots of folks show up - it's a big, big job.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Dan Mages
11-24-2004, 5:31 PM
Always worth a good giggle.

Dan