PDA

View Full Version : Pre-"Gloat"

David DeCristoforo
05-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Well, after weeks of research and soliciting advice and reading the opinions of others, I ordered a hollowing system from Monster. I ordered the "combo" setup that includes both the captured and articulated systems. I'm going to be gagging on the price for a long time but, hopefully, the investment will prove worthwhile....

Mike Minto
05-28-2010, 12:23 PM
aah...another pre-gloat - i see it's catching on :p. I'm envious - really envious - the combo system! can't have too many tools, that's for sure. post a pic when you get your system, will you, and let us know how you like it.

Harvey Ghesser
05-28-2010, 1:07 PM
David....no picture.....didn't happen.;)

Bill Bolen
05-28-2010, 1:28 PM
You certainly started with a top of the line hollowing system! I'm looking forward to seeing some beautiful hollow forms from your system...Bill..

David DeCristoforo
05-28-2010, 1:53 PM
"David....no picture.....didn't happen..."

Picture of what? All I can do at this point is forward you a copy of the order confirmation.

Steve Schlumpf
05-28-2010, 1:54 PM
David - congrats on your order! You will love the systems!

Looking forward to seeing some of your hollow forms real soon!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-28-2010, 1:58 PM
"David....no picture.....didn't happen..."

Picture of what? All I can do at this point is forward you a copy of the order confirmation.

Please PM it to me and include your credit card number, expiration date, name on the card and the billing address too....Please.

Thanks!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-28-2010, 1:59 PM
Congrats BTW!

David DeCristoforo
05-28-2010, 2:03 PM
Yeah Steve... it's your all fault! At least that's what I told my wife... "Steve Schlumpf made me do it!" Then she said "Who the hell is Steve Schlumpf?!?

Ken Fitzgerald
05-28-2010, 2:08 PM
Yeah Steve... it's your all fault! At least that's what I told my wife... "Steve Schlumpf made me do it!" Then she said "Who the hell is Steve Schlumpf?!?

Did you tell her he's the guy who lives 2316 miles east and slightly north of you?

bob svoboda
05-28-2010, 2:19 PM
Congratulations on the new tools to be. I'd like to hear your impressions as you try them out--have a hunch the slippery slope is leading me thereabouts.

Steve Schlumpf
05-28-2010, 2:34 PM
Then she said "Who the hell is Steve Schlumpf?!?

Thanks Dave - that cracked me up!

John Keeton
05-28-2010, 3:58 PM
Please PM it to me and include your credit card number, expiration date, name on the card and the billing address too....Please.

Thanks!David, copy me on that PM, and if you would, add that little three digit number from the back of the card!!!:D;)

I am excited for you, and envious! I really am wanting to get the articulated system, so I do expect a detailed thread with your comments and pics.

SMC needs to get ready to see some fine work coming from you! Your eye for balance and design has found a new home on the round side!

Congrats!!!

David DeCristoforo
05-28-2010, 5:03 PM
"... copy me on that PM, and if you would, add that little three digit number from the back of the card..."

Sorry boys... there's nothing left in there! And don't expect any pics for a bit. Randy told me that he "will try" to get everything shipped before the 16th when he has to leave for the IWF. If not, I'll have to wait until he gets back. So I'm not going to be seeing any tools till mid June at the earliest.

In the meantime, I'm trying to learn to tame the Sorby tools. I figure that by the time I get the Monster system, I should have something of a "grip" on doing this "unassisted".

Bernie Weishapl
05-28-2010, 9:28 PM
David it is all Schlumpf's fault. My wife said basically the same thing when I ordered my captured system and then later ordered the articulating arm unit. Our conversation went like this. I told her that Steve got the captured unit and it was nice. Then when I got the arm unit she said well I suppose you have to do everything Steve does cause he says it is nice. So yep it is definitely Steve's fault.

Oh and Congrats. You will love those tools.

gary Zimmel
05-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Won't be long and you will need more space in your shop, and another credit card, David....:D
This turning thing is one deep hole.
Congrats and make sure to let us know when your new toy arrives.

Brian Effinger
05-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Pre-congrations David! :D When you do get it, you'll have to give a report on it.

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/roflmao.gif http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/roflmao.gif http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/roflmao.gif

David it is all Schlumpf's fault. My wife said basically the same thing when I ordered my captured system and then later ordered the articulating arm unit. Our conversation went like this. I told her that Steve got the captured unit and it was nice. Then when I got the arm unit she said well I suppose you have to do everything Steve does cause he says it is nice. So yep it is definitely Steve's fault.

So what you're saying is, if Steve Schlumpf jumped off a bridge, so would you.

Yeah, me too! :D :p :D

Cathy Schaewe
05-28-2010, 10:39 PM

Ah, but if you really meant it, we'd know exactly how far (and in what direction) you are from Steve ... :D